• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In Case the Rivalry Wasnt Enough Motivation..... A Win Here.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  325
  • Days Won:  0

USF vs UCF is not now, was, or ever should be a rivalry. Period. USF has nothing to gain from continuing to play games against UCF. This is a trap game. Win, or lose, we gain nothing.

Finite!

Well if we win we won't lose position in the polls.

Put Your Horns Up!!!

Remember that polls are based on votes and voter perception. Another ugly win, combined with wins from teams behind us could very well see us losing position in the polls

You mean someone like Missouri.  I can see that happening

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  226

Every time we play an instate school it will be a rivalry.  These kids come from all over the state and have played with and against other kids from each school.  Is UCF a big game for these kids, hell yes, just as any other instate school. 

From a fan perspective I get more excited about playing Miami, Florida (and FSU if they dare schedule us) than I do UCF, FAU or FIU.  That doesn't mean these games are not just as important to win but the excitement level is not the same.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I think we should have the attitude that this IS a rivalry.  It gets us up for it even more. 

I dont think its a rivalry, but I'm new to this board and I didnt know the mood towards that argument. 

Now I know :)

FEAR WHAT UP  MAN...

TAMPABOI!!!!!  YO!!!!!

Does this mean that I can look forward to a steady stream of fear posts about Amarri like on the other site?  ;)

• Content Count:  4,642

rivals?  like the website?

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

We MUST WIN ...

• Content Count:  7,890

I say that some of you are in denial thinking that this is not a rivalry with UCF.  This is more of a big brother (USF) vs smaller brother (UCF) kind of rivalry in where USF is expected to win most of the time. So, UCF fans are using this as their Superbowl, and dont think that both teams are not going to be fired up for this game. This may not be a big rivalry, but I assure you that this is some kind of odd rivalry whether you like that or not. USF now has everything to lose while UCF has noting to lose but everything to gain this weekend. I call this the shut up game because USF has the chance to shut the UCF fans up once again like we did the past few years.

I agree with you. Most USF fans, grads, players have a large dislike for anything UCF and I want this win more than any other win this season just because I have alot of friends that went to UCF and would like nothing more than to shut them up one more time.

• Content Count:  1,238

I say that some of you are in denial thinking that this is not a rivalry with UCF.  This is more of a big brother (USF) vs smaller brother (UCF) kind of rivalry in where USF is expected to win most of the time. So, UCF fans are using this as their Superbowl, and dont think that both teams are not going to be fired up for this game. This may not be a big rivalry, but I assure you that this is some kind of odd rivalry whether you like that or not. USF now has everything to lose while UCF has noting to lose but everything to gain this weekend. I call this the shut up game because USF has the chance to shut the UCF fans up once again like we did the past few years.

I agree with you. Most USF fans, grads, players have a large dislike for anything UCF and I want this win more than any other win this season just because I have alot of friends that went to UCF and would like nothing more than to shut them up one more time.

...and for the very last time. God willing.  :gobulls

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

We have not played Miami of Ohio, but we have played Miami...I remember it being a painful experience.

My mistake. I was trying to say that we shouldn't call Miami a rival before the five-game series starts. You can't have a rival if you've only played them once.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

You really want this more than any other win?

I am all for hating UCF, and it would be especially bad for me living in Orlando if we lose, but the game that I most want to win is Nov. 17 against UL. That will be the game where we lock up the Big East Championship. Pitt in the final week will be great, but we should clinche before then.

I really don't want to lose any games, but if it was between UCF and RU, I'll take the win in Jersey any day of the week.

I am caught up in the whole NC dream along with everyone else, but winning the conference was our goal when the season started, and we are on pace. This game is big in Florida, but overall, it's our last "meaningless" game of the year. Again, not saying I don't care if we win, but if you tell me we are finishing 12-1 and I can pick any game to be that loss, I think it would be this one.

Having said all of that, can't wait to see Leavitt out coach O'Leary again. It's really funny to me.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

We have not played Miami of Ohio, but we have played Miami...I remember it being a painful experience.

My mistake. I was trying to say that we shouldn't call Miami a rival before the five-game series starts. You can't have a rival if you've only played them once.

Tell that to UCF who pegged USF vs UCF a rivalry at 0 games played.

Archived