• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kevin Smith?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

So Kevin Smith is in, what about Jay and Silent Bob?

Not Bad...For a Douche... ;)

Yeah, except Kevin Smith is Silent Bob.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  84

So Kevin Smith is in, what about Jay and Silent Bob?

Not Bad...For a Douche... ;)

Yeah, except Kevin Smith is Silent Bob.

You just blew my mind, dude!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I want him to play, otherwise we'll get more IFs from UCiF than the previous 2 years combined.

Let them bring 24K (or Fool's Gold as I like to call him), and we'll shut down their one-sided offense.

The defense?  Non-existent.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Is a really good running back.  To bad he plays a really nasty 9 (when they wanna be) defense on Saturday.  It is going to bring down his ypg average.

• Content Count:  2,523

IF our corners play well, we need to bring the house every down to wreak havoc and create some turnovers.

• Content Count:  4,642

if our corners don't play like garbage again, it will be a much better game stacking 7-8 guys in the box

• Content Count:  4,016

if our corners don't play like garbage again, it will be a much better game stacking 7-8 guys in the box

FAU's pass offense is rated 31st in the nation, UCF's 89th.  FAU started three receivers that were all 6-1 or bigger, with some speed and all were at least RS-Sophs, Harmon was a RS-Jr, and Rusty smith is a 6-5 220lbs QB with a strong arm, and unorthodoxed release.  FAU has a very, very sophisticated passing attack run by Gary Nord who's followed Schnelly since Louisville all over the place.

UCF starts two true freshmen receiver, and a RS-soph who's a possession guy.  Their TE's are not good receivers, they run a basic I set, and Israel has a marginal arm, is smaller, and lacks mobility.

Our corners were tested against FAU, but when it was gut check time they responded.  I just don't see how UCF will test them this game unless they got lazy and didn't play smart.  Otherwise UCF doesn't possess the speed, athleticism, sophistication, or experience in the passing game to severely exploit us.

They have a nice rushing game, and against smaller, less skilled and experienced DL's their experienced OL can move them around.  But our DL has 4 seniors on it, with decent size and excellent athleticism.  Move a bit, stunt, and force UCF's marginal athletic OL to have to shuffle their feet and move...that will create mismatches for us in the running game.

We shall see, but unless our offense goes into the crapper I just can't see how UCF will find yards when Smith isn't running the ball.

• Content Count:  159

Smith is a very good back.  His balance and vision is tremendous.  It will be tough to hold him under 100 yards but like some others have mentioned the key will be limiting the rest of UCF's offense.  I think the defense will be up to that challenge assuming the offense can hold on to the ball by chewing up first downs and well, by HOLDING ON TO THE DANG BALL!!! 

• Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

FAU's pass offense is rated 31st in the nation, UCF's 89th.  FAU started three receivers that were all 6-1 or bigger, with some speed and all were at least RS-Sophs, Harmon was a RS-Jr, and Rusty smith is a 6-5 220lbs QB with a strong arm, and unorthodoxed release.  FAU has a very, very sophisticated passing attack run by Gary Nord who's followed Schnelly since Louisville all over the place.

UCF starts two true freshmen receiver, and a RS-soph who's a possession guy.  Their TE's are not good receivers, they run a basic I set, and Israel has a marginal arm, is smaller, and lacks mobility.

Our corners were tested against FAU, but when it was gut check time they responded.  I just don't see how UCF will test them this game unless they got lazy and didn't play smart.  Otherwise UCF doesn't possess the speed, athleticism, sophistication, or experience in the passing game to severely exploit us.

They have a nice rushing game, and against smaller, less skilled and experienced DL's their experienced OL can move them around.  But our DL has 4 seniors on it, with decent size and excellent athleticism.  Move a bit, stunt, and force UCF's marginal athletic OL to have to shuffle their feet and move...that will create mismatches for us in the running game.

We shall see, but unless our offense goes into the crapper I just can't see how UCF will find yards when Smith isn't running the ball.

Bien,

While I would agree that their receivers are young and undersized, I think it would be a little over the top to say they lacked talent and athleticism.  They recruit the same areas we do.  Yes, they can't throw around the BCS card, still they don't recruit slow midwest guys.  They can run.  Frankly, Kevin Smith or no Kevin Smith, our defense is flat out better than their offense.  We must make them pay by getting off the field on the 3rd down and by creating some turnovers.  Shut down Smith, then let Selvie and Co. tee off.

Archived