• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scheduling Question- Who is going to want to play us?

usf97

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

I agree about maybe leaning away from the 2 BCS 2 Non-BCS and 1 I-AA formula. If we could start to sustain a significant spike in the attendance I also would like to shift to 7 home games and 5 away, especially in the even years when we have the 4 lesser drawing teams from the Big East. I know this is a pipe dream but I wonder if Auburn would be interested in trying to avenge that loss and do a 1 and 1. It would be a nice roadie for them. I would not mind signing a 1 and 1 with UNLV but that really has more to do with having another excuse to go back out to Vegas than anything USF.  >:D

I know there fans would like the chance to avenge the loss.  The first thing neighbors of mine who attended Auburn asked me was if I knew if it was a home and home.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

After 2008 we should never play UCF again, never allow them the chance to legitimize themselves.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I do not like the idea of playing SEC teams on a regular basis, though I know we probably should.  They are a tough conference adn on any given day an SEC team can beat another SEC or OOC team...  I guess it is the lumps one must take.  We need a stronger SOS...

How about some ACC teams, Georgia tech, or Clemson, etc...  What about FSU?

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

LSU will be a touh get they signed the 10 year home and home with Tulane. They also have signed deals with Arizona St, Colorado, TCU, NC State, and Oklahoma for home and homes

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I think it will be easier than it used to be to get respectable teams to come to Tampa.  Here's why - it used to be really bad for a good team to lose to USF, because they were unknown and didn't have any reputation. But as long as USF has some national respect, losing to them doesn't look that bad. It's also a good way to keep people interested in buying tickets and get some big-time exposure.

On the other hand, I think the non-BCS caliber of opponent will go way down. We have more to lose than ever.

• Content Count:  1,812

I wonder if Notre dame is going to be that picky about who they schedule anymore?

The better you are the more teams will want to play you.

It gets them and Us on TV and is good for the SOS

UM and UF and USC all have no problem filling their schedules

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

After 2008 we should never play UCF again, never allow them the chance to legitimize themselves.

I agree 1 million percent.

Since this 4 game "rivalry" series was shoved down our throats by cdoa when we left that sorry conference, they get to play us for 4 years and "claim" to be our "rivals".

The # 6 team in the country does not have "rivalries" with non bcs mid major programs.  We concentrate on bcs football.

I would be fine if we never scheduled them again, why give them an outlet to think they are closing the huge gap between the 2 programs.  Leavitt knows what he is doing scheduling wise.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

wow--- some pretty cocky responses in here from guys with not a whole lot of posts.

Don't worry about the schedule-- Woolard will take care of that. We'll have our share of good matchups and some that are wierd too. We've been in the top ten for less than 1 week and some of you guys act like we are perennial front runners. Let's see how this season pans out before we start buying the BCS Championship trophy polisher just yet.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

wow--- some pretty cocky responses in here from guys with not a whole lot of posts.

Don't worry about the schedule-- Woolard will take care of that. We'll have our share of good matchups and some that are wierd too. We've been in the top ten for less than 1 week and some of you guys act like we are perennial front runners. Let's see how this season pans out before we start buying the BCS Championship trophy polisher just yet.

I don't know about FSU. We might do to them like we done to UCF. We ask for the game to be played. Now we surpass them, now they want to play us. I don't know if Jim give them the satisfaction. But that could be a huge game on ABC or ESPN.

• Content Count:  4,738

I do not like the idea of playing SEC teams on a regular basis, though I know we probably should.  They are a tough conference adn on any given day an SEC team can beat another SEC or OOC team...  I guess it is the lumps one must take.  We need a stronger SOS...

How about some ACC teams, Georgia tech, or Clemson, etc...  What about FSU?

I like your point but we are not on the top of the mountain yet.  Look back to FSU before they were great.  Bowden wasn't afraid to play good teams.  One thing I would like to avoid are these one game series away, like Auburn.  With the Big East we are looking at playing 2-3 ranked teams a year, I say throw in one more ACC/SEC/Big 12ish team a year, and that is better than 90% of the schedules out there. 

What I would hate to see is a schedule like Rutgers this year.  They played nobody's and then get a wakeup call against Maryland.

By the way, when did Notre Dame ever bump up a Strength of Schedule?  They play service academies and Big Ten schools every year, the latter of which are overrated.

Archived