• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scheduling Question- Who is going to want to play us?

usf97

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

We will dump UCF and pick up either FSU or UF in their place.  It will be a yearly event - our consistent in state game will be UM though - good choice?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  70

wow--- some pretty cocky responses in here from guys with not a whole lot of posts.

Don't worry about the schedule-- Woolard will take care of that. We'll have our share of good matchups and some that are wierd too. We've been in the top ten for less than 1 week and some of you guys act like we are perennial front runners. Let's see how this season pans out before we start buying the BCS Championship trophy polisher just yet.

Get over yourself and your number of posts! Just like the Bulls, we are on our way to the top! 

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

UCF should never be allowed back into RayJay after this year.

• Content Count:  226

I have nothing against scheduling UCF, FIU or FAU as long as we spread them out.  Its always good to play some in state games every once and awhile.  Until our conference expands we can stand to play 1 to 2 in state schools each year, just mix them up.  We have a pretty good mix going for the next 6 years already.

I also don't think that good football programs have problems trying to get scheduling.  As we get better the scheduling should be more to our choosing.  Doug is doing a good job in breaking into the Big 10 schools and a little bit with the ACC and SEC.  For traveling purposes I would like to see us playing more ACC and SEC teams.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I agree Mike G.

As for scheduling. It will pan itself out but I hope we schedule some ball busters if we can. Look at WVU and Rutgers. (moreso Rutgers) They're done. Their SOS is not going to allow thwm into the title race unless every team loses 2.

We need to schedule a minimum of 2 quality foreseeably ranked opponents per year.

• Content Count:  936

I agree with Mike G as well.

and I also agree that UCF should get lost..

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

plenty of people would play us

usc gets games

usf can get games

usf needs to plAY  1A TEAMS only and sometimes on road

look what auburn win did for program

• Content Count:  2,523

Don't look to be able to have FSU, UF and Miami all in one season.  Look at it from their point of view.  ALL of those programs will be top 25 beginning next year as will we.  Having all three plus each teams' conference schedule would result in probably having 7-8 ranked teams on the schedule.  Not likely they are going to go for that.  If Miami or UF had any idea we would be this good and FSU was going to reload, chances are we wouldn't have gotten those games.

We can get some big games, but it will have to be from schools outside this area I'm thinking who see our ranking and still don't think we're legit. 

I hope I'm wrong, bc it would be fun to see FSU, UF and Miami all on there, but you do realize that scheduling all 3 in a season plus WVU, Louisville, Rutgers etc would almost guarantee that USF would never have a shot at a national title.  Look at FSU all those years playing Miami and UF when they didn't have to and how many national title shots they lost even when they were the better team all bc of a few FGs.

If you want a title shot, you have to go undefeated and win two nice ranked games.  Scheduling more is suicide.  Look at USCs schedule the last ten years.  It wasn't loaded top to bottom with ranked opponents, let alone potentially 4 top ten teams.  If you don't think Miami, FSU and UF will all be top ten teams within 3 seasons again with the staffs they now have in place, you're kidding yourself.

• Content Count:  2,523

Very, very good strategy mentioned there.  I'd like to pick those suckers off one by one and be very public about why we're scheduling them.  Sort of like a HIT LIST and then you can have signs at the games with the list and their names being crossed off.

Archived