• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pink Flamingos

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

I think the pink flamingo accentuates the "South" in "South Florida".  Plus, it looks good on a fla lottery ticket, doesn't it? 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,471

The War Flamingo would only be good if we had an annual game against Auburn that was a rivalry. A couple people doing it is funny, but as a whole we should stay away from this. Lets get our own traditions.

• Content Count:  32

I have mixed feelings on this after I attended the Auburn game and witnessed the birth of this war flamingo idea. It is entertaining just because all through our trip all we heard was War Eagle [ask anyone!! No one EVER said 'GO TIGERS' it was ALL War Eagle!!] and kept thinking 'YOU ARE TIGERS'. Yes, Bulls and Flamingos have nothing to do with each other but that is the point. It is just a joke and a bunch of people bringing random flamingos to games. Plus it's a great conversation starter and definitely makes people wonder why the heck there are pink flamingos in the crowd. Not to mention those pink flamingos were in so many pictures and shown during the game a ton!! As someone mentioned before I am sure we will not be changing our mascot to a flamingo anytime soon but it's just a funny little thing we've started - whether or not it will last is unknown but let us have our fun :o) We'll get our own traditions eventually, but til then let's just borrow some. WAR FLAMINGO and GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I have mixed feelings on this after I attended the Auburn game and witnessed the birth of this war flamingo idea. It is entertaining just because all through our trip all we heard was War Eagle [ask anyone!! No one EVER said 'GO TIGERS' it was ALL War Eagle!!] and kept thinking 'YOU ARE TIGERS'. Yes, Bulls and Flamingos have nothing to do with each other but that is the point. It is just a joke and a bunch of people bringing random flamingos to games. Plus it's a great conversation starter and definitely makes people wonder why the heck there are pink flamingos in the crowd. Not to mention those pink flamingos were in so many pictures and shown during the game a ton!! As someone mentioned before I am sure we will not be changing our mascot to a flamingo anytime soon but it's just a funny little thing we've started - whether or not it will last is unknown but let us have our fun :o) We'll get our own traditions eventually, but til then let's just borrow some. WAR FLAMINGO and GO BULLS!!!

Great first post Jessi!

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

War Beagle is more amusing and you should never underestimate the power of unconditional love

i favor canine

but both are funny

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

On TV the pink flamingos really stood out in that sea of green.

Brad,

Can we get a pink flamingo smilie for the board?  ;)

• Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

I think it's funny as message board fodder but we can barely get our own traditions going.  Also, I don't like our actual traditions being associated with jokes.  That's just me though, bring all the flamingos you want.  I think it is was semi-funny once, but it isn't funny anymore.  No need to rip off Auburn and make a joke out of ourselves.

Notes: 

The band plays the first down cheer and only maybe half of the people join in.  Do we wait for the PA announcer or cheer with the band?  Beats me.  I choose band over PA announcer.  I am sure in the post-McDonald's jingle era this is going to take some ironing out.

People finally get into doing "the bull" before the team runs out and then we hand out bandannas on our first sell out game.  I would rather not stand there and hold a bandanna for a long time but maybe if we knew when they were actually about to run out.

Just one fan's opinion though. 

On TV the pink flamingos really stood out in that sea of green.

Exactly.  So much for that green out!

• Content Count:  75

I am starting to see that alot of you take things way to seriously.

The War Flamingo is harmless.

If you look at those pics of the student section the Flamingos accents just how big and green that section is.

• Content Count:  358

Great first post.  A lot of people around here need to get a sense of humor.  It's a joke people!  You know, funny, ha ha, funny like a clown.

• Content Count:  2,277

I understand it is a joke to bring some stupid pink flamingos to the game and hold them up and chant war flamingo or whatever.  That's fine, if you want to look like an idiot holding a pink flamingo then that's your choice.  It becomes an issue when you have a whole group of people doing this and creating a "tradition" out of it.  Whether you think you are or not; if you bring it to every game then it is a tradition.  Not only is this "tradition" a rip-off of Auburn's War Eagle, it's the stupidest thing I've ever seen.  We don't need another mascot or sidekick to our mascot or whatever you want to call it.  How about you guys put your efforts into getting people to join in our current traditions and chants and stuff rather than starting something so stupid as a holding up pink blow-up flamingo and calling it our "war flamingo."  I don't think I've ever heard the word "war" and the word "flamingo" in the same sentence before, shoot, probably not even in the same paragraph.

In other words, it was funny once, leave the stupid flamingos at home and work on getting everyone to join in on our current traditions rather than distracting them with new ones.

Archived