• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student Ticket Camping Out - Please Post

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

8:30 update from my friends in line: About 75-100 people out there now, tents stretch from the box office to almost where the Icehouse party deck. And the big news Coach Leavitt was just out there greeting students and thanking them for waiting.

I hope the local media will pickup on this.  That would be sweeet!

Fox News just interviewed a few of the students camping out... Lasted about 30 seconds, didn't show much. Anchor said that we were still flying high off our "big win last week." Apparently he is unaware we had a game yesterday, too. Would've appreciated him saying "the 3-0 Bulls" or something.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  136

I really really hope I can get one of those 8000 wristbands, but with classes and work tomorrow I cannot possibly get to the Sun Dome tomorrow.

they are giving away 12000 student tickets and wristbands from here on out (until further notice).  ;)

Yeah. I just am wondering how long those wristbands would last...

It would be great if the "less rowdy" fans would pass up on the endzone seats and take the upper deck ones, but I know that's not happening...

I just have no sense for how long they'll be around. I could imagine hearing tomorrow at noon that all studnet tickets are gone, and I could imagine hearing that there are still a few wristbands left on Thursday too... I just don't know which is right...

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Update as of 11pm... I was told the number of people has double from an hour ago and a bus (I am guessing SAE?) was blaring the HOT songs.

Go Bulls

• Content Count:  1,532

Update as of 11pm... I was told the number of people has double from an hour ago and a bus (I am guessing SAE?) was blaring the HOT songs.

Go Bulls

Just talked to a friend out at the Sundome... it is the SAE bus blairing USF music.  He said around 300+ students are out now, with plenty showing up consistantly throughout the night.

Campus will be hell if we give away ALL of the student tickets tomorrow.  I can hear the people knocking on my office door trying to complain now.  The cost of success is that the paying ticket holders will get the advantage.  I hope everything works out, but I can see a large chunk of the 44,000 students wanting to go to this game.  With only 12,000 free tickets and everything else selling out... I can see the mob now.

• Content Count:  275

^DONT YOU TALK LIKE THAT!!!

• Content Count:  136

Go Bulls

Just talked to a friend out at the Sundome... it is the SAE bus blairing USF music.  He said around 300+ students are out now, with plenty showing up consistantly throughout the night.

Campus will be hell if we give away ALL of the student tickets tomorrow.  I can hear the people knocking on my office door trying to complain now.  The cost of success is that the paying ticket holders will get the advantage.  I hope everything works out, but I can see a large chunk of the 44,000 students wanting to go to this game.  With only 12,000 free tickets and everything else selling out... I can see the mob now.

Well, it's understandable... I've had many conversations about this situation with other students. The consensus has been that this situation should have been anticipated in advamce and a better method should have been used.

I'm not against freshman getting tickets, but they're going to be getting seats over people who have been going to games for 2-5 years consistently. I know that a lot of schools have a lottery-type deal where it's weighted so basically all 3rd-year and higher students get tickets and the others are random... I think a feeling is almost like we've been cheated for all we've been through with the team and our biggest treat we might not even get in the stadium for... It's a really sickening feeling in the pit of the stomach, and I'm sure the 10 people I've talked to aren't the only ones who feel the same way.

Again, it's a great problem to have, but I wish it had been anticipated and responded to in a manner that didn't screw a lot of people that have been mainstays at the games being shafted for some people who didn't know we had a football team until a couple weeks ago.

And the thing is, all the people I've talked to are probably in situations that hundreds or thousands of other upperclassmen are in... They have either class or work or both that will not permit them to getting to the Sundome to camp out and assure themselves those wristbands.

I'm just feeling lucky that I know someone who knows my love for the Bulls that will give me their upper deck seats they purchased a couple weeks ago if I can't get a student seat, but there's no comparison to sitting in that end zone I'm sure...

I drove by and saw the SAE bus... that's Society of Automotive Engineers, not Sigma Alpha Epsilon - just to be clear,... they were at Auburn blaring the HOT CD... LOVED it then.

I saw 40-50 tents all over the slopes... on both sides of the delivery drive down behind the Dome... not the best place to "camp" ... behind the Sun Dome the land is flat... I guess that is where the overflow will go, eh?

Something I didn't need to do when I was in school...

LeavittTown looks cool.

Go Bulls!!

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Go Bulls

Well, it's understandable... I've had many conversations about this situation with other students. The consensus has been that this situation should have been anticipated in advamce and a better method should have been used.

I'm not against freshman getting tickets, but they're going to be getting seats over people who have been going to games for 2-5 years consistently. I know that a lot of schools have a lottery-type deal where it's weighted so basically all 3rd-year and higher students get tickets and the others are random... I think a feeling is almost like we've been cheated for all we've been through with the team and our biggest treat we might not even get in the stadium for... It's a really sickening feeling in the pit of the stomach, and I'm sure the 10 people I've talked to aren't the only ones who feel the same way.

Again, it's a great problem to have, but I wish it had been anticipated and responded to in a manner that didn't screw a lot of people that have been mainstays at the games being shafted for some people who didn't know we had a football team until a couple weeks ago.

And the thing is, all the people I've talked to are probably in situations that hundreds or thousands of other upperclassmen are in... They have either class or work or both that will not permit them to getting to the Sundome to camp out and assure themselves those wristbands.

I'm just feeling lucky that I know someone who knows my love for the Bulls that will give me their upper deck seats they purchased a couple weeks ago if I can't get a student seat, but there's no comparison to sitting in that end zone I'm sure...

But what can you do?  I've missed three games in five years and may not get to sit in the endzone either.  If you go by class standing, you risk shutting out sophomores and maybe even juniors who have been to every game at the expense of someone who is here as a graduate student but is only getting a ticket because it's now the thing to do.  Not that I don't sympathize with you, I do... there are still current students that sat through rough times, but unfortunately there is no perfect system.  No matter what the situation, some people will be unhappy.  All we can do is hope it works out for us and be there in whatever section to make it a crazy game.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I wish we could send twenty pizzas over or something to show these kids appreciation for supporting the team like they're doing...

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Wish I could be there to bring pizza and beer to the students... why did I ever graduate?

Archived