• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student Ticket Camping Out - Please Post

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  92
  • Days Won:  0

I just got back as well.  I would estimate that there were at least 1500-2000 people there but I am bad at guessing people.  For the most part, "Leavitt Town" was a fun and exciting place where everybody got along.  I was impressed that all of us who camped out had our tickets by 6:45.  However, there was a looong line when I left the Sundome, which I imagine will not let up during the day.  I predict that tickets may be gone by later this afternoon.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  996

Hey ya'll...Here is my report!

I just left the Sundome after camping and WOW!  I really felt sick and didnt wanna go, but I am SO glad I did.  The Society of Automotive Engineers(SAE) bus was out, and they had the HOT cd on replay all night.  This led to hundreds of students chanting and going crazy all night.  Ok, most of the night...lol...towards the early hours it was a few students doing the Bull in their sleep.  Overall, conduct was good, the place is trashed....but in the students defense, their were hardly any trashcans.  When they started getting the lines organized this morning, everyone perked up and the chants began again.  THere were a few live broadcasts from news crews with trucks and such, and then a ton of reporters and things.  They closed off the camping area and formed a line that would be allowed in after everyone in the campsite got their tickets.  When i left the dome, that line was about 3 or 4 wide and went all the way from the ticket office around the entire Sundome to the student side and back around the Rec Center.  It was INSANE!  They will definetly sell out quickly.  It's exciting, but it makes me nervous to think that one day soon, tickets will be VERY hard to come by.  and by one day, I mean today!!  Lots of students had tvs and tents...it was awesome!!  The students were very good about self policing and except for your common complaints about the system,  I saw NO problems from anyone.  One of the best parts was a group of ChiPhis right by the entrance to the camping part.  They had a guy there who was directing people to the walk up line and everytime anyone would walk up to try to get in with the campers and skip the walk up line, crazy chants of NO NO NO NO NO began!!  haha  Anyone who walked up was definetly embarrassed....  Also, God Bless Chic Fil A who came around with coolers of chicken sandwiches for $2!!  I was ravenous this morning, and that chicken has never tasted better!!  They organized it in the following manner, students went in the glass doors to the right of the ticket office, fed through the lobby area and came out on the other side.  You were given your student ticket and band, then you were allowed to go up to the windows on the way out and get your companion ticket.  The only negative to this is that they had to close the restrooms at 5 or so this morning to allow for ticket sales....  and when you have a couple thousand kids who have been drinking....no bathrooms is not good.  I would not walk through that grass area anytime soon..lol!  The line was moving rather quickly when I left and i expect a complete sellout by this afternoon!!!  It was such a pleasure sharing the experience with my fellow students...and DAD, I AM SO GLAD I HAVEN'T GRADUATED YET!!  haha

All that being said, MAJOR KUDOS to EVERYONE in Athletics, the ticket office, and any random helpers.  There were minor flaws, but considering this is our first time dealing with this, the service was EXCELLENT!  Everyone I spoke to you was very well informed, and very polite, even though they had been out all night too.  Everyone was all smiles and excited to be there! This university is going places and with all the criticism this specific group comes under, I just wanted to tell you they are the backbone and are doing a WONDERFUL JOB!  So thanks AGAIN!

IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A BULL!

I'll put up my pix later when I get to work!!

GO BULLS!  BEAT WVU!!!      ;D ;D

-Gurly

• Content Count:  92

They just said that the camp out was about to be shown on Fox 13!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I would be happy if the tickets went as fast as possible -- I just want to make sure they are completely sold out.

sorry if that screws some fans who can't go today.

• Content Count:  958

Leavitt town was awesome!!!!

I've had very limited sleep, I got there around 6pm.  Had a great time with a few exceptions of people who i thought were friends of mine ******** at me for saving a "tent zone" so that one of my friends who had work could park his tent with us(I had no tent anyways so I needed somewhere to sleep).  I'm not sure why some people have to get their panties in a knot over stupid ****.  I didn't appreciate that, but I got my ticket and life is good. 

GO BULLS!  BEAT WVU!

• Content Count:  113

i'm sure some students that don't get a free ticket with buy up the rest of the upperdeck tickets...that's if there are any left when all is said and done.

• Content Count:  2,726

AWESOME!!! I fly in from Japan on Sunday and I'll be in Tampa on Monday!!!

I CAN"T WAIT TO GET BACK!!!

GO BULLS!!!

Hey ya'll...Here is my report!

I just left the Sundome after camping and WOW!  I really felt sick and didnt wanna go, but I am SO glad I did.  The Society of Automotive Engineers(SAE) bus was out, and they had the HOT cd on replay all night.  This led to hundreds of students chanting and going crazy all night.  Ok, most of the night...lol...towards the early hours it was a few students doing the Bull in their sleep.  Overall, conduct was good, the place is trashed....but in the students defense, their were hardly any trashcans.  When they started getting the lines organized this morning, everyone perked up and the chants began again.  THere were a few live broadcasts from news crews with trucks and such, and then a ton of reporters and things.  They closed off the camping area and formed a line that would be allowed in after everyone in the campsite got their tickets.  When i left the dome, that line was about 3 or 4 wide and went all the way from the ticket office around the entire Sundome to the student side and back around the Rec Center.  It was INSANE!  They will definetly sell out quickly.  It's exciting, but it makes me nervous to think that one day soon, tickets will be VERY hard to come by.  and by one day, I mean today!!  Lots of students had tvs and tents...it was awesome!!   The students were very good about self policing and except for your common complaints about the system,  I saw NO problems from anyone.  One of the best parts was a group of Chi Phis right by the entrance to the camping part.  They had a guy there who was directing people to the walk up line and everytime anyone would walk up to try to get in with the campers and skip the walk up line, crazy chants of NO NO NO NO NO began!!  haha  Anyone who walked up was definetly embarrassed....   Also, God Bless Chic Fil A who came around with coolers of chicken sandwiches for $2!!   I was ravenous this morning, and that chicken has never tasted better!!  They organized it in the following manner, students went in the glass doors to the right of the ticket office, fed through the lobby area and came out on the other side.  You were given your student ticket and band, then you were allowed to go up to the windows on the way out and get your companion ticket.  The only negative to this is that they had to close the restrooms at 5 or so this morning to allow for ticket sales....   and when you have a couple thousand kids who have been drinking....no bathrooms is not good.  I would not walk through that grass area anytime soon..lol!  The line was moving rather quickly when I left and i expect a complete sellout by this afternoon!!!   It was such a pleasure sharing the experience with my fellow students...and DAD, I AM SO GLAD I HAVEN'T GRADUATED YET!!  haha

All that being said, MAJOR KUDOS to EVERYONE in Athletics, the ticket office, and any random helpers.  There were minor flaws, but considering this is our first time dealing with this, the service was EXCELLENT!  Everyone I spoke to you was very well informed, and very polite, even though they had been out all night too.  Everyone was all smiles and excited to be there! This university is going places and with all the criticism this specific group comes under, I just wanted to tell you they are the backbone and are doing a WONDERFUL JOB!  So thanks AGAIN!

IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A BULL!

I'll put up my pix later when I get to work!!

GO BULLS!   BEAT WVU!!!       ;D ;D

-Gurly

sweet-- I'm a Chi Phi.

i'm sure some students that don't get a free ticket with buy up the rest of the upperdeck tickets...that's if there are any left when all is said and done.

agreed-- it seems like a safe bet that this game will be completely sold out.

• Content Count:  771

So I just got back from the madness ovedr there and have to say, after being set up from 5:30pm, I wouldnt trade this experience for the world. Not one fight broke out, not one major incident [besides a kid tripping and needing stitches,] and surprisingly, the main issue was when people started to form a line... towards the 5:45am marker.

I have my wrist band on, and am planning on wearing it for the duration. Not to mention, I was camping with 1000 of the best fans in the nation!

To all who are from athletics, thank you for providing us with some sort of order.

And to the other fans out there.... GO BULLS!

Archived