• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student Ticket Camping Out - Please Post

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Hey guys,

I'm down in Leavittown, population 500+. Lots of students camping out for tickets tonight. Leavitt stopped by around 8pm and greeted some of the fans. It's been a great time and I'll be posting pictures of the town sometime tomorrow. Great to see great school spirit out here! GOOOO BULLS!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Please let us know what is happening there...thanks.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Upload the picture using the Gallery/Upload link above right, or simply use the Attach function in the Additional Options part of the reply post.  I am sure others can explain it better, but there are ways to do it rather easily.  We hope to see those pics.

• Content Count:  1,158
  • Days Won:  0

All I can say is kudos to the students doing this.  It's part of the excitement that will never happen again....at least like this.  It's the first time for USF football.  And I have them to blame for me being up at this ungodly hour waiting for the coffee pot to finish perculating so I can make myself a big coffee to go before I head into the office to help out our exhausted ticket staff.  I'll try and give everyone an update of what I see when I get there.  Go Bulls!  Come on sun light.

Eric

• Content Count:  1,165

Just got back.

It was a decent system, but it could have been done better.

Up until about 3, they let whomever into the camping out area. After that, they gated it off and made everybody else wait in an outside line.

Then at 5:45 or so, they pretty much opened up the line to whoever was in the campout area. THey stated they would be going around tent by tent releasing people to the line, but it ended up everyone walking up there and just massing.

I only got one lower bowl companion ticket (wanted 2), because they limited it....but they didn't swipe it, so I'll have to go back in a bit and try to  see if I can get a second one.

For those wondering, they gave out wristbands for companion tickets. And the wristbands are a normal lime green color with "USF STUDENT" printed on it.

• Content Count:  297

Holy ****...

That was a lot of people...

My guess is they will be sold out by 9a - companions, student everything.  Good to see the Bulls Nation up and in it!

GO BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  695

****, so chances are I wont be able to go get a ticket at 2? **** all of you bandwagoners.

• Content Count:  2,187

Just got back. I think they tried, but the system sucked. We were out there since 5:30, with about 30 people in front of us. When the time came to get the tickets, there were at least one hundred crowding around. They wanted people to stay at their tents and go in an orderly fashion. It didn't work and people were getting mad. There were AT LEAST 1,000 students camping out, and at least another thousand or two waiting in the non-campers line, which reached from gate 3 to past the rec center. It was a great time, but we need to start respecting each other more.

• Content Count:  695

Well how many student tickets are they giving out? If there were less than 5000 people there this morning than I like my chances if they are giving out more than 10,000. Everyone wants to be there to get the tickets initially but once that dies down I think the pace will slow down a little and I can ride in there at 2 and get my ticket.

• Content Count:  565

Just got back. I think they tried, but the system sucked. We were out there since 5:30, with about 30 people in front of us. When the time came to get the tickets, there were at least one hundred crowding around. They wanted people to stay at their tents and go in an orderly fashion. It didn't work and people were getting mad. There were AT LEAST 1,000 students camping out, and at least another thousand or two waiting in the non-campers line, which reached from gate 3 to past the rec center. It was a great time, but we need to start respecting each other more.

here's the reason why the system sucks....

1,000 tired, inibriated college students will not stay at their tents knowing a bed is closer than ever. They needed a colored wristband/numbered ticket system. This is the only way to ensure a fair distribution, a true "first come, first served".

As for me, I have a ticket and companion ticket, and they will be under lock and key until Friday morning.  ;D

Archived