• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FAN RULES FOR THE UNEDUCATED

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Maybe not as big as the other 5 rules, but heres some to add:

- The wave is only acceptable when we are up by 28 points or more in the second half when we are on defense. *

- Jingling of keys and singing "Nah nah nah nah" is only acceptable inside of 1:30 left and the victory is secured. *

* feel free to not participate in these events if you object to them (as many of us do), these are just rules for those who need them

- NO chanting BULLS*** after every single calll. It's embaressing when the call is in our favor or is the correct call, and we are up at arms about it. Don't be foolish.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

I totally agree with Rule #1 for students. The entire student section stands for the entire game at the vast majority of big college football schools. The student section is usually known to be the loudest and helps incite the rest of the fans to cheer/scream/get excited. While it should not be an expectation for alums to stand, it would be nice if they would cheer a bit more as an entirety than they do currently at USF games (which I think will change when more season tickets sell, the team keeps getting better, and more new alumni fill those seats).

Excellent points, Faza. I totally agree that the non-student crowd needs to get into the game more. Hopefully, as we grow, the fan base goes more toward the new alumni and fans who are there primarily for the game.

In addition, some students shouldn't be such sticks in the mud when they are asked to stand and cheer. IMO, if you're going to sit in the student section, you should expect to stand and consistently make noise. There are tens of thousands of seats in other sections where one can lounge and pick and choose when to cheer loudly.

Along these same lines, if you're not in the student section, standing the whole game should only occur where there is no conflict with anybody affected by your standing. A lot of people don't want to or can't stand the whole game like that. If you want to stand but the people behind you can't see because of it, move to where it won't be a problem...

• Content Count:  594
  • Days Won:  0

The last team's fans we should be emulating is Texas A & M. The very fact the word "homos" is in this post should alert you to this, but if not, I simply direct you here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wMmhnqUXseE

• Content Count:  358

The last team's fans we should be emulating is Texas A & M. The very fact the word "homos" is in this post should alert you to this, but if not, I simply direct you here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wMmhnqUXseE

Don't be such a homo Bob!  ;)

• Content Count:  443

Yeah, I agree with rules 2-5 not so much on the standing.

1) I am just as loud sitting down as I am standing up.

2) It is much, much, much more comfortable to sit.

3) I can see the game perfectly fine sitting, especially if other fans are respectful and sit down as well.

Oh, and you forgot "Rule #5a -- You will learn the ALL of the words to the fight song, not just spelling and saying South Florida"

Cant agree on anyone of those statements...maybe your rule 5a......FINISH STRONG

• Content Count:  1,797

After the game, come to The BullsPen and if we lose - gripe and complain about our coaches, players, cheerleaders, band, stadium situation, schedule, future, AD, basketball team, school spirit, students, alumni...am I forgetting anything?  I intentionally left the uniform issue off the list Shoop since that griping and complaining is unaffected by the games.

if we win - talk about going 12-0, playing in a BCS Bowl game, how great our coaches, players, cheerleaders, band, stadium situation (well maybe not this one), schedule, future, AD, basketball team (definitely not this one), school spirit, students and alumni are.

Thank you BullsPen.com  ::)

Normal  ;D ;)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

Rule #6: Meet at the North Endzone entrance closest to the pirate ship after the game and wait for the drum line to lead us out. Not logistically convenient for everyone, but **** if that doesn't keep me fired up after a big victory.

• Content Count:  443

maybe fans can stick around and sing the Alma Mater ..wish we could get them to display the words on the screen.........FINISH STRONG

• Content Count:  2,052

screw the wave. I hate that thing and it is so lame. Concentrate on loudness on D and noise for kickoffs etc. The wave is as gay as a UF sheep!  Reaper

Archived