What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

FAN RULES FOR THE UNEDUCATED

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  358
  • Days Won:  0

I just don’t get a lot of USF fans I see.  They stand up and start shouting when our offense is out there and then when our defense is on the field, they sit down and stay quiet.  This is exactly the opposite of what they should be doing!  Maybe it’s because these fans are only 11 years old  ;)

Since I grew up watching the Texas-Texas A&M game every Thanksgiving, I have learned a few rules of fan behavior which I have listed below.

[table]

[tr]

[td]Rule#1    [/td][td]You shall stand up for the entire duration of the game[/td][/tr]

[tr]

[td]

1a   

[/td][td] Entire Duration means you will be inside the stadium before kickoff and not leave the stadium until the clock reads 0:0[/td][/tr]

[tr]

[td]Rule#2    [/td][td]When the offense is on the field, you will shut the F’ up! [/td][/tr]

[tr]

[td]Rule#3    [/td][td]When the defense is on the field, you will wave the towel that you are holding in your hand, over your head, and MAKE SOME NOISE! [/td][/tr]

[tr]

[td]Rule#4    [/td][td]After every touchdown, you will kiss your girlfriend/wife/member of opposite sex (sorry, no homos allowed at Texas A&M (if you think this is not politically correct, tough $hit)) [/td][/tr]

[tr]

[td]

4a   

[/td][td]If you do not have a girlfriend/wife, you will get one before the next home game [/td][/tr]

[tr]

[td]Rule#5    [/td][td]You will learn the words to all chants, cheers and the alma mater[/td][/tr][/table]

I realize USF football is only 11 years old, but it’s time we start educating our fans on how to behave during a football game.  I would start by making rules 2 and 3 mandatory.  (Rule 3 can omit the towel.) 

Feel free to add any other rules you think we should follow.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I agree with rules 2-5 not so much on the standing.

1) I am just as loud sitting down as I am standing up.

2) It is much, much, much more comfortable to sit.

3) I can see the game perfectly fine sitting, especially if other fans are respectful and sit down as well.

Oh, and you forgot "Rule #5a -- You will learn the ALL of the words to the fight song, not just spelling and saying South Florida"

• Content Count:  3,078

additional rules

- it doesn't make you more of a football fan by dressing up like a jackass for the games.  wearing a basic pair of shorts/jeans and a green shirt is perfectly acceptable, and encouraged. 

- it doesn't make you more of a football fan by being a complete ass to the opposite teams' fans. 

- stop fighting in the stands.  if you really are dumb enough to fight, at least take it to the concourse so the people around you don't get hurt in the process. 

- don't heckle, yell, antagonize, throw stuff, etc. at USF fans because they are not being loud enough, not standing up, or whatever else.  Not everyone is as much as a superfan as you are.  The last thing USF needs is people running off fans because they are not going crazy. 

... more to come later

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

[table][tr][td]Rule#5    [/td][td]You will learn the words to all chants, cheers and the [glow=red,2,300]alma mater[/glow][/td][/tr][/table]

[glow=red,2,300] This is a MUST !!![/glow]

• Content Count:  5,903

I wouldn't expect non-students to stand the entire game. That's insane.

It's simple... Make noise on defense, quiet on offense. UNFORTUNATELY, offense is more exciting and when people get excited they make noise.

• Content Count:  358

These 5 rules are Texas A&M Aggie traditions.  I am not saying we should copy all of them.

I am saying, at a minimum, our fans need to be quiet on offense and STAND UP and GET LOUD on defense.  When the defense is on the field, the poor cheerleaders hold up signs saying, "STAND UP" and "MAKE SOME NOISE" and everyone just quietly sits down.  That really bugs the hell out of me!

This might be a subject for a new topic, but it seems USF has a bunch of old fart fans that are too used to sitting in nice plush seats.  Go to any big time college stadium and you get a nice hard bench to sit on.  That's probably why they're more inclined to stand up.  Anyway, in my personal opinion, rule #1 should apply to all current students.  And to all you old farts, don't ever tell a student to sit down.  If you can't see, then stand up or watch the game from your fat lazy boy at home.

• Content Count:  5,903

- After the game come to the Bulls Pen and complain about not being able to hear the band in section ____.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,279
  • Days Won:  9

I totally agree with Rule #1 for students. The entire student section stands for the entire game at the vast majority of big college football schools. The student section is usually known to be the loudest and helps incite the rest of the fans to cheer/scream/get excited. While it should not be an expectation for alums to stand, it would be nice if they would cheer a bit more as an entirety than they do currently at USF games (which I think will change when more season tickets sell, the team keeps getting better, and more new alumni fill those seats). In addition, some students shouldn't be such sticks in the mud when they are asked to stand and cheer. IMO, if you're going to sit in the student section, you should expect to stand and consistently make noise. There are tens of thousands of seats in other sections where one can lounge and pick and choose when to cheer loudly.

• Content Count:  9,038

QUIET ON OFFENSE

LOUD ON DEFENSE

DON'T BE AN ASS

That pretty much sums it up.

• Content Count:  7,890

That was one thing I saw at the Auburn game was alot of bulls yelling when I O was on the field. By the end we showed them how to cheer

Archived