• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This kid is pathetic...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  32
  • Days Won:  0

while your at it might as well take a sledgehammer to his car and spray paint go tigers in the parking lot, hey it worked for jefferson in fast times at ridgemont high, it's worth a shot.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241

This is why college athletes should really consider privatizing their profiles on myspace/facebook websites.

Its nice that they add several random people as friends whom they dont know, and then get trashed when they have a mediocre game.

Let them have some privacy. Its the coaches job to chew them out, and the crowd AT THE GAME, not afterwards.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I hate to insert myself in these threads (where fans let their emotions overcome them and it leads to bashing a player), but I think the people that cling to the '05 Louisville game are not so much the ones that think Amarri is good, but those that expect Amarri to provide a weekly performance of that "once in a lifetime" kind of game. 

I posted this in the offseason.  When I was burning all the '06 games to DVD, I was shocked at the number of big catches and plays Amarri was involved in.  I'm very comfortable with his contributions.  His game against Elon is as unikely to repeat as his game in '05 vs. Louisville.  In between is where Amarri provides the most value.

• Content Count:  958

Well how about this if he has a terrible game my message didn't do **** but if he comes out and has a great performance than there is a chance that my message did something. I am not saying that will mean it did, but it could have done something.

I guess I wont do anything like this again though because I don't want all of the fans of my college's athletics teams to hate me.

It ain't your job to fire up Amarri Jackson, He has coaches for a reason.  Try and stay away from players facebooks if your going to cut them down like that.  They don't need to hear that crap from students.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

WHile I agree he had a bad first half-- perhaps his worst half of football at USF--- he redeemed himself in the second half with solid play.

What Colby said was ridiculous and not something a fan of this football team would say imo. Way to fire up the team knucklehead.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Last time I checked, Amarri had more TD catches on Sat. night than anybody who's posted on this thread.

• Content Count:  1,457

Amari's interview - he was the first to admit he was not focused and attempted to run before catching, did not look the ball in all the way other times, and is a Senior and needs to do much better.  Yes he did make 6 points and that helped.  He could have made 18 but 6 did the trick for the overall win.  Lets see how he does Saturday.  Leavitt did not bench him and said he still keeps  his returning job another week.  That is a class act on behalf of Leavitt - with such pressure on the program he still did not "ditch" Amari - just settle down and FOCUS.

Bulls 30 - Auburn 22

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Why do athletes have facebook accounts? Its a really bad idea for so many reasons not the least of which is comments like that one. Colby has the right to post whatever he wants in that public forum as does any other disgruntled fan, sycophant, slut, gambler and or bookie. Lets hope these "facebook accounts" don't blow up in our players faces. In the long run I could see the NCAA closing players pages after some controversy deeper than some guy saying a player sucks. 

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I hate to insert myself in these threads (where fans let their emotions overcome them and it leads to bashing a player), but I think the people that cling to the '05 Louisville game are not so much the ones that think Amarri is good, but those that expect Amarri to provide a weekly performance of that "once in a lifetime" kind of game. 

I posted this in the offseason.  When I was burning all the '06 games to DVD, I was shocked at the number of big catches and plays Amarri was involved in.  I'm very comfortable with his contributions.  His game against Elon is as unikely to repeat as his game in '05 vs. Louisville.  In between is where Amarri provides the most value.

That may be the way you and others see it, and others see it in the opposite light.

I know I certainly do no expect him to replicate that Louisville game every week.  But you look at his stats at the end of each season, and they do not warrant the kind of praise he gets from certain people.  Some of us question his ability/production, and we get lambasted for it.

In 2006, Amarri had 26 receptions for 393 yards and 3 TD's.  He may have had a handful of big plays, but by looking at those numbers, there couldn't have been THAT many of them.  Maybe you were talking about blocks, or something?

Those are pretty much a #3 receiver's stats.

Anyhow, sounds like we're all in agreement about Colby's antics.

Archived