• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

This kid is pathetic...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

open mouth - insert foot

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,911

Last time I checked, Amarri had more TD catches on Sat. night than anybody who's posted on this thread.

Yea...and Rod Smith called more TD plays than anyone on these threads, but he got bashed all year and it doesnt mean the guy wasnt underachieving.  I dont get this point. 

Anyone who thinks Amarri is playing up to ability is dreaming.  Ever since Louisville all I remember is short arm passes over the middle, dropped balls and out of the 26 recepts in 2006 I wonder how many were 2 yard outs he took for a gain of 3.  He was non-existent last year.  Its ok, its true...you dont have to defend everything. 

He reminds me of Freddie Mitchell, the old receiver for the eagles who used to thank his hands.  A lot of talk but not a lot of walk, with some questionable personality antics.  Im just happy Leavitt noticed and we are deep at WR now.   

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

That may be the way you and others see it, and others see it in the opposite light.

I know I certainly do no expect him to replicate that Louisville game every week.  But you look at his stats at the end of each season, and they do not warrant the kind of praise he gets from certain people.  Some of us question his ability/production, and we get lambasted for it.

In 2006, Amarri had 26 receptions for 393 yards and 3 TD's.  He may have had a handful of big plays, but by looking at those numbers, there couldn't have been THAT many of them.  Maybe you were talking about blocks, or something?

Those are pretty much a #3 receiver's stats.

Anyhow, sounds like we're all in agreement about Colby's antics.

In an offense that has always spread the ball around, you're unlikely to have a Randy Moss type go-to receiver emerge...when have we ever had that?  Deandrew Rubin, maybe, at times.  Afterall, stat-guy, the most TDs in a season is 7 and that was Elgin Hicks in 2003 (And Huey Whittaker led in receptions).  My point was that Amarri made several key plays and first down receptions - I didn't say TDs.  There's more to being a receiver than TDs.

He doesn't meet your criteria and that's your deal to sort out.  My real point is just as some worship the '05 Louisville game, some others will see only the Elon game.  I'm glad that in this instance we agree about the Colby tactics.  Our fan base should be able to discuss players without resorting to name-calling and insults.

• Content Count:  1,297

Well how about this if he has a terrible game my message didn't do **** but if he comes out and has a great performance than there is a chance that my message did something. I am not saying that will mean it did, but it could have done something.

I guess I wont do anything like this again though because I don't want all of the fans of my college's athletics teams to hate me.

Your message won't be responsible for anything.  Jackson's level of play is up to Jackson......and what he did during this past week to prepare him for this game....and what he learned from CJL ...that will determine if he overcomes his first game gitters.  Not your stupid facebook message.  I think Jackson knows what kind of game he had in week one and that he needs to work harder and come out firing against Auburn.  

• Content Count:  695

Well how about this if he has a terrible game my message didn't do **** but if he comes out and has a great performance than there is a chance that my message did something. I am not saying that will mean it did, but it could have done something.

I guess I wont do anything like this again though because I don't want all of the fans of my college's athletics teams to hate me.

It ain't your job to fire up Amarri Jackson, He has coaches for a reason.  Try and stay away from players facebooks if your going to cut them down like that.  They don't need to hear that crap from students.

I think that they do need to hear that crap from students. Amarri gets treated like he is some kind of superstar, and all he has done is had good games against good teams which is all fine and good but there is a reason why we can win at West Virginia and yet we lose to Kansas and Cincinnati, or UConn in 2005 and nearly lose to winless FIU teams and that is because the team's leaders like Amarri DONT TAKE THE LESSER GAMES SERIOUSLY.

Obviously whatever the coaches are doing aint working, because I figure that all spring the coaches have drilled it down the players throats to take every game seriously yet Amarri comes out against Elon and looks like he doesn't even know how to play football. Is it that hard for a guy getting a full-ride at a D-1 school just to play football to run good routes, catch well thrown passes, and after he muffs a punt to jump on the ball? Come on.

But heaven forbid someone say something negative to the great Amarri Jackson and speak their mind. I honestly think this is the kind of thing a fan should do, is speak their mind to players and try to fire them up. If he doesn't want strangers telling him what to do, HE SHOULDN'T HAVE ADDED ME. So therefore it's his fault!

Guest JulmisteForPrez

It ain't your job to fire up Amarri Jackson, He has coaches for a reason.  Try and stay away from players facebooks if your going to cut them down like that.  They don't need to hear that crap from students.

I think that they do need to hear that crap from students. Amarri gets treated like he is some kind of superstar, and all he has done is had good games against good teams which is all fine and good but there is a reason why we can win at West Virginia and yet we lose to Kansas and Cincinnati, or UConn in 2005 and nearly lose to winless FIU teams and that is because the team's leaders like Amarri DONT TAKE THE LESSER GAMES SERIOUSLY.

Obviously whatever the coaches are doing aint working, because I figure that all spring the coaches have drilled it down the players throats to take every game seriously yet Amarri comes out against Elon and looks like he doesn't even know how to play football. Is it that hard for a guy getting a full-ride at a D-1 school just to play football to run good routes, catch well thrown passes, and after he muffs a punt to jump on the ball? Come on.

But heaven forbid someone say something negative to the great Amarri Jackson and speak their mind. I honestly think this is the kind of thing a fan should do, is speak their mind to players and try to fire them up. If he doesn't want strangers telling him what to do, HE SHOULDN'T HAVE ADDED ME. So therefore it's his fault!

:nope :moon2

• Content Count:  2,461

Umm, how about everyone chill out? Athletes hearthis stuff all the time. Real life, facebook, whatever. That is the business they are in. It has always happened and always will.

I'm sure YOU guys are reading more into this guy's comments than AJ is! Come on for crying out loud!

• Content Count:  4,501

I would think a guy that averages over 15 yds a catch is one of your big play guys and you would want to get the ball in his hands as often as possible. 

I wonder if Cee and Colby are rommmates ?  That would be like dumb and dumber.

• Content Count:  2,363

Umm, how about everyone chill out? Athletes hearthis stuff all the time. Real life, facebook, whatever. That is the business they are in. It has always happened and always will.

I'm sure YOU guys are reading more into this guy's comments than AJ is! Come on for crying out loud!

Personally, I'm not concerned about how this affects Amarri's feelings or performance or whatever. He's a big boy, he can take it, and if he can't, well, that's pretty weak. I think the general consensus--or my feeling at least--is just that doing it is a douchebaggish maneuver, particularly for someone who considers themselves a fan.

Archived