• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student Section

JoeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

I am glad people got booed for leaving and cheered for staying, the students were trying to shape behaviors.

Those booing fans were disgraceful. For one, how do they know if someone's leaving, or if they are going to the bathroom, smoke a cigarette, or buy concessions?  So lets just boo anyone who might be doing one of those things. It was ******* pathetic, and was the second-worst thing I've seen from the students, behind the Beef Stud arrogance last year. It's one thing to boo a group of people who are obviously leaving in the third, but you are taking it too far when your focus is on booing every single person walking up the aisle, not on the game, or booing people who are leaving with 30 seconds left.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

So what you are trying to say is that you left early?

I am glad people got booed for leaving and cheered for staying, the students were trying to shape behaviors.

Those booing fans were disgraceful. For one, how do they know if someone's leaving, or if they are going to the bathroom, smoke a cigarette, or buy concessions?  So lets just boo anyone who might be doing one of those things. It was ******* pathetic, and was the second-worst thing I've seen from the students, behind the Beef Stud arrogance last year. It's one thing to boo a group of people who are obviously leaving in the third, but you are taking it too far when your focus is on booing every single person walking up the aisle, not on the game, or booing people who are leaving with 30 seconds left.

• Content Count:  1,254

So what you are trying to say is that you left early?

LOL...same thing I was thinking. I started to boo when it was droves of people leaving...asked them where they had to be that was so important. I mean if there is 5 minutes left in the game, just wait until the end for when the players come over and acknowledge us. They're representing the body and it's nice to show your appreciation.

• Content Count:  157

We all talk about starting traditions but has anyone thought about putting together "cheer practice"? They do this at Texas A&M and Duke does it for B-Ball. When you watch those games you can they are all on the same page every game. Maybe Student Gov/CAB and Athletics should get together and if you attend a cheer practice the night before a game you can get your student ticket so that you can bypass long lines the day of the game, and those tickets can be reserved for the first 10 rows of the student section.

Is anyone on this board in a position to recommend this to USF?

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Booing is fine, but I saw on two occasions someone be accosted on the stairs (face to face stare downs) because they were leaving (or to be more specific, going up the stairs).

These are fellow students, there is no need to boo them. NO NEED TO BOO THEM. If they are leaving early let them leave early... do you think booing them is seriously going to make them return down the stairs and watch the game? Do you think booing them is going to make them want to return to another game? Get real.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

We all talk about starting traditions but has anyone thought about putting together "cheer practice"? They do this at Texas A&M and Duke does it for B-Ball. When you watch those games you can they are all on the same page every game. Maybe Student Gov/CAB and Athletics should get together and if you attend a cheer practice the night before a game you can get your student ticket so that you can bypass long lines the day of the game, and those tickets can be reserved for the first 10 rows of the student section.

I agree with this.  Thats why there needs to be pep rallys.  This helps build school pride, and is fun for everyone involved.  Our cheerleaders need to work with the band and have some designed hand motions or clapping that goes along with the band that the fans can do.  I've been to about 5 Notre Dame pep rallys and trust me it helps practicing, so the students know what to do during the game.  They have one of the best student sections in the country, so practicing does help.

It's not so much a cheering practice we need... it's simply an understanding of when and when NOT to make noise. How much does a full page ad in the Oracle cost? I am willing to throw in some money for an ad that simply states that fans don't cheer when our team has the ball. It might sounds preachy and all... but, I think that would get the attention of the student body much more quickly. We've got three weeks unil the next home game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

How much does a full page ad in the Oracle cost? I am willing to throw in some money for an ad that simply states that fans don't cheer when our team has the ball.

If the ad has something about the evils of The Wave, I'll be more than happy to donate ...

• Content Count:  38

Yeah,I think student section was awesome for game against Division I-AA team. But I think people need to be screaming the whole game, not just sitting down and watching it passively. Ray J needs to be place that opponets would hate coming to and the only way that is going happen if we are loud and intimidating. Thats my two cents.

If you're in the south endzone, sitting down and watching passively is all thats allowed.  ::)

How much does a full page ad in the Oracle cost? I am willing to throw in some money for an ad that simply states that fans don't cheer when our team has the ball.

If the ad has something about the evils of The Wave, I'll be more than happy to donate ...

That's fine with me. :D

Archived