• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Student Section

JoeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

970 post game show said they gave out all 8,000 of the student tickets and started dipping into other tickets ( I assume tickets sold to walk-up fans ).  Since the game wasn't sold out I don't think they turned any students away, the late arrivers just couldn't sit in the student section. 

Exactly... this is what I was referring to.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,307

Even though I got myself season tickets this year I didn't sit there, I sat with my friends who were still students.  I kept saying the whole game that one would think this was a huge game by the way the students showed up.  Now everyone here can stop saying how the students don't show up.  They all wanted front row and kept standing on the stairs blocking everyone else.  If this is Elon I can't wait to see what UCF, WV and UL will bring.

Like someone mentioned, we have the quantity, but not the quality.  Lots of students, a bit too many, still wanted to chant and yell when we had the ball, and ironically sometimes during big D plays like 3rd and short they'd stay quiet.  Then they were all paying attention to the wave to much.  I mean, I like the wave, but not when we have the **** ball.

Another problem:  Bulls fighting Bulls.  I saw at least 3 fights and even more arguements.  It's pathetic.  People need to stop drinking so much if they're going to turn obnoxious.

After this game I think I'll start sitting in my seats.  Right behind Shoop and company I believe.  I want a rowdy section and was told that was where I should go and I did.  I heard some people were kicked out there for standing, so....I hope it'll still like it.

• Content Count:  959

Students Came Strong. Keep it up !

• Content Count:  10

I have to say the complete opposite. It seems like to me that we have the quantity, but the quality is still lacking. Saw a fight between bulls fans, saw fans booing each other and getting in each other's face. Seemed like there was a lot of Bush League in the stands last night.

It seemed like people just came to chant obscenities, get smashed, and just be obnoxious regardless of what was going on on the field.

I have to admit that I got in the face of a fellow Bull.  My reason is that he decided to urinate on the back of my seat.  Yes, right there in the middle of the student section.  I understand that the non-stop action vs. Elon was too good to miss, but for God's sake, go to the freaking men's room for that.  I always try to make it a point not to argue with other Bulls (or even opponents) but this guy went waaaayyyyy too far.

I have to say the complete opposite. It seems like to me that we have the quantity, but the quality is still lacking. Saw a fight between bulls fans, saw fans booing each other and getting in each other's face. Seemed like there was a lot of Bush League in the stands last night.

It seemed like people just came to chant obscenities, get smashed, and just be obnoxious regardless of what was going on on the field.

I have to admit that I got in the face of a fellow Bull.  My reason is that he decided to urinate on the back of my seat.  Yes, right there in the middle of the student section.  I understand that the non-stop action vs. Elon was too good to miss, but for God's sake, go to the freaking men's room for that.  I always try to make it a point not to argue with other Bulls (or even opponents) but this guy went waaaayyyyy too far.

Dude. If that is what happened, then you didn't go far enough.  I probably would have knocked him out...

• Content Count:  10

Well, I told him that I was going to rip out his ____ throat. ;D

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I agree with the rude students. A lot of them weren't paying attention and were more concerned with who would go get the next beer. My friend who has a slight back problem had to sit for a couple minutes and some drunk guys kept falling all over (from standing on the stairs). When my friend asked them to stop, the guy told him to go suck a ****. My friend wasn't rude about it. It was his first Bulls game and he was amazed at how rude some of the students were.

I was glad to see the student section packed. Hopefuly it remains that way the rest of the season.

• Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

I am glad people got booed for leaving and cheered for staying, the students were trying to shape behaviors.

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

I am a student and I do apologize that some of my fellow students are just their to screw around and drink. I promise you that we are not all like that. With that said, I was so happy to see that even with yesterdays weather, the students came out in droves. I remember a while ago there was talk about wether or not we would hit 30k for the Elon game and a bunch of people said NO because there wouldnt be that many students there... Most guessed there would only be 5k students. With respect, we proved you guys wrong- even with terrible weather/Labor Day/and a 1AA team. The students are for real this year, and we will be there every game. And remember, while some of the students are real jack a$$e$, most of us are loyal fans who will be becoming season ticket holders when we graduate.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I am a student and I do apologize that some of my fellow students are just their to screw around and drink. I promise you that we are not all like that. With that said, I was so happy to see that even with yesterdays weather, the students came out in droves. I remember a while ago there was talk about wether or not we would hit 30k for the Elon game and a bunch of people said NO because there wouldnt be that many students there... Most guessed there would only be 5k students. With respect, we proved you guys wrong- even with terrible weather/Labor Day/and a 1AA team. The students are for real this year, and we will be there every game. And remember, while some of the students are real jack a$$e$, most of us are loyal fans who will be becoming season ticket holders when we graduate.

Well put.

It was also good to see many of the students standing the majority of the game. The UNC game should be packed as well in this section and I hope they have a plan in case there is overflow again (open the 300 section in the top corner).

Archived