• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student Section

JoeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

From where I sit (135) the students were awesome.  Great turnout; lots of noise on defense.  I really liked it when I could hear a ton of them singing the national anthem....if anybody on here saw the Va Tech opening on ESPN, it was a throwback to audience particpation in the patrotism arena...very nice to see.  Hopefully, in 20 years, we will still be Americans and still be proud.  Sorry...that was a a ramble but it's something I'm passionate about.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JulmisteForPrez

Even though I got myself season tickets this year I didn't sit there, I sat with my friends who were still students.  I kept saying the whole game that one would think this was a huge game by the way the students showed up.  Now everyone here can stop saying how the students don't show up.  They all wanted front row and kept standing on the stairs blocking everyone else.  If this is Elon I can't wait to see what UCF, WV and UL will bring.

Like someone mentioned, we have the quantity, but not the quality.  Lots of students, a bit too many, still wanted to chant and yell when we had the ball, and ironically sometimes during big D plays like 3rd and short they'd stay quiet.  Then they were all paying attention to the wave to much.  I mean, I like the wave, but not when we have the **** ball.

Another problem:  Bulls fighting Bulls.  I saw at least 3 fights and even more arguements.  It's pathetic.  People need to stop drinking so much if they're going to turn obnoxious.

After this game I think I'll start sitting in my seats.  Right behind Shoop and company I believe.  I want a rowdy section and was told that was where I should go and I did.  I heard some people were kicked out there for standing, so....I hope it'll still like it.

That's the issue right there.

I've seen more disgusting behavior at sporting events because of alcohol than I care to discuss.

My personal favorite was the domestic violence episode unfolding right before our very eyes in our section of the stadium (yeah, at a Bulls home game).  Dude was drunk, and he was punching his wife in the face.  Alcohol does such great things for the world.

• Content Count:  2,461

Yeah, I can't count the number of times I've seen perfectly nice things sober.  :D

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Yeah, I can't count the number of times I've seen perfectly nice things sober.  :D

Yeah.....that's umm......a really great rebuttal there, ewer.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

We need some unity in the student section... maybe we should do a YouTube Public Service Announcement. Tell them when to cheer and when not to cheer. Seems lame, but, it might be very efficient since YouTube is very popular.

• Content Count:  1,165

So what you are trying to say is that you left early?

I am glad people got booed for leaving and cheered for staying, the students were trying to shape behaviors.

Those booing fans were disgraceful. For one, how do they know if someone's leaving, or if they are going to the bathroom, smoke a cigarette, or buy concessions?  So lets just boo anyone who might be doing one of those things. It was ******* pathetic, and was the second-worst thing I've seen from the students, behind the Beef Stud arrogance last year. It's one thing to boo a group of people who are obviously leaving in the third, but you are taking it too far when your focus is on booing every single person walking up the aisle, not on the game, or booing people who are leaving with 30 seconds left.

Nope. I always stay the entire game, and I think everybody should.

• Content Count:  1,165

I am glad people got booed for leaving and cheered for staying, the students were trying to shape behaviors.

Booing is fine, but I saw on two occasions someone be accosted on the stairs (face to face stare downs) because they were leaving (or to be more specific, going up the stairs).

These are fellow students, there is no need to boo them. NO NEED TO BOO THEM. If they are leaving early let them leave early... do you think booing them is seriously going to make them return down the stairs and watch the game? Do you think booing them is going to make them want to return to another game? Get real.

Good point that I never thought of

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I thought for the most part the student section was great.

POSITIVES

- great crowd

- loud

- lots of green (bit not perfect)

- Beefstuds well behaved thanks to a noticeable leadership keeping people in check (told people not to join in the F*** Elon cheer, and when they were getting a bit to rowdy)

Negatives

- still too much Bull hating going on (I asked on another topic if this happens at other places, like UF?)

- some Beefstuds (I love your heart, just reporting what I saw) still have an arrognace and I heard many comments about "them not being real fans" or "you should stand the whole game or go home"

- where did everyone have to go at the end of the 3rd? seriously, my ride (who sat elsewhere) actually left me at the game, and told me they left me the car. when I got back to the apartment, I gave them a piece of my mind (both for leaving me like that and leaving the game early for no reason)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,566
  • Days Won:  29

We all talk about starting traditions but has anyone thought about putting together "cheer practice"? They do this at Texas A&M and Duke does it for B-Ball. When you watch those games you can they are all on the same page every game. Maybe Student Gov/CAB and Athletics should get together and if you attend a cheer practice the night before a game you can get your student ticket so that you can bypass long lines the day of the game, and those tickets can be reserved for the first 10 rows of the student section.

Is anyone on this board in a position to recommend this to USF?

I agree with this.  Thats why there needs to be pep rallys.  This helps build school pride, and is fun for everyone involved.  Our cheerleaders need to work with the band and have some designed hand motions or clapping that goes along with the band that the fans can do.  I've been to about 5 Notre Dame pep rallys and trust me it helps practicing, so the students know what to do during the game.  They have one of the best student sections in the country, so practicing does help.

And we have an extra week for UNC after Auburn.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,566
  • Days Won:  29

...  I really liked it when I could hear a ton of them singing the national anthem...very nice to see. 

That was wonderful ! I will make sure I join in also !!!

And regarding standing ... making noise is much more important than standing. CHEER for our BULLS !!!

Archived