• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student Section

JoeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Anybody else impressed with the numbers in our student section last night?  It was really the only section that was completely full.  This is how we'll increase season tickets every year, by graduatiing some of these great fans.  Great job by the students, but gotta get the word out about wearing the Green shirts.  Saw alot of white and other colored shirts in that endzone.  I think that will get better.  I even was sporting the Our House shirt in the Family Section in the SE Corner............

Keep up the good work students!!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah,I think student section was awesome for game against Division I-AA team. But I think people need to be screaming the whole game, not just sitting down and watching it passively. Ray J needs to be place that opponets would hate coming to and the only way that is going happen if we are loud and intimidating. Thats my two cents.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

For the second consecutive year the students have come out in droves to support the team.  It is absolutely awesome to see...and this only being for a 1-AA opponent.

Eventually I see a full lower bowl every year for every game. 

Love those kids!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  3,574

Again... the students were amazing!

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I have to say the complete opposite. It seems like to me that we have the quantity, but the quality is still lacking. Saw a fight between bulls fans, saw fans booing each other and getting in each other's face. Seemed like there was a lot of Bush League in the stands last night.

It seemed like people just came to chant obscenities, get smashed, and just be obnoxious regardless of what was going on on the field.

I have to say the complete opposite. It seems like to me that we have the quantity, but the quality is still lacking. Saw a fight between bulls fans, saw fans booing each other and getting in each other's face. Seemed like there was a lot of Bush League in the stands last night.

It seemed like people just came to chant obscenities, get smashed, and just be obnoxious regardless of what was going on on the field.

True, I suppose... but they at least came and some were turned away (never heard that happening!).

The old mall parking lot (I'll call it the student parking lot) was packed with students!

• Content Count:  958

The tailgating at the old mall parking lot was the best tailgating I have ever seen at a USF football game!  The lot was packed, even though the weather was horrible, students showed up early and we had a hell of a time...

The student section was filled to capacity, Every single student section was completely packed.  It was awesome.  Me and my group went in when the gates opened to get front row seats...

Is it true that students were actually turned away?  If so that is incredibly awesome that there is such a demand now, but at the same time its a shame that they were turned away when there were plenty of seats which could have been filled elsewhere.  I also heard 200 students were left behind at the bus stop, that really sucks.

Is it true that students were actually turned away?  If so that is incredibly awesome that there is such a demand now, but at the same time its a shame that they were turned away when there were plenty of seats which could have been filled elsewhere. 

I meant turned away from the student section and not from the game. 

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Is it true that students were actually turned away?  If so that is incredibly awesome that there is such a demand now, but at the same time its a shame that they were turned away when there were plenty of seats which could have been filled elsewhere. 

I meant turned away from the student section and not from the game. 

970 post game show said they gave out all 8,000 of the student tickets and started dipping into other tickets ( I assume tickets sold to walk-up fans ).  Since the game wasn't sold out I don't think they turned any students away, the late arrivers just couldn't sit in the student section.  Not sure the total students but 8,000+ is impressive.  33,000+ total considering it was awful weather when I left for the game is great also.

• Content Count:  1,632
  • Days Won:  3

We sit in the south endzone and face the student section.  I couldn't get over it and those around us talked about it all night long!!  GO STUDENTS!!!

Archived