• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

YouTube: Mike Ford Highlight Reel

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

What a beast.  I love how he looks to initiate contract at the end of his runs.  >:D

What is he a lawyer? I know you preview you're post so I had to pounce in this one!

i may be blind but i dont see an R in contact in his post

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I might be in the minority, but I think Ben Williams should start versus Auburn.  Sure Ford will ultimitely win the job and maybe even by the UNC or WVU game, but Ben Williams has improved.  His stats weren't as gaudy as Ford's, but still very solid, 9 carries for 51 yards.  Start Williams, but play Ford alot. 

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I might be in the minority, but I think Ben Williams should start versus Auburn.  Sure Ford will ultimitely win the job and maybe even by the UNC or WVU game, but Ben Williams has improved.  His stats weren't as gaudy as Ford's, but still very solid, 9 carries for 51 yards.  Start Williams, but play Ford alot. 

I disagree big time... When mike touches the ball... good things happen.  That is enough for me.  Williams has been decent at best... but decent isn't the best results on the team, so why settle.  Ford has been stellar.

• Content Count:  2,495

I actually agree with you, but only because Ben is the best blocking back of the group. From what I saw out of Auburn's defensive end last night we are going to get killed trying to block him one on one. 

Maybe some two back sets with Ben and Ford will be the right mix. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Man, if he isn't the starter vs Auburn, someone is making a huge mistake.

Wouldn't be surprised if Williams, Ford and Taylor all started .....

• Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

you have only seen a little bit of what driving the Ford on your football team, i have followed this kid since high school, very respectful but don't get in his way on the field. just watch when usf has alead and need to milk the clock and he gets 15 - 20 carries.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Unfortunately I was out of town last night and didn't get to see the game. Did Mike or Jamar miss any blocks that got Grothe hit? Everyone keeps saying that Ben Williams is sooooo much better of a blocking back than these other guys. He is a great blocking back, but that doesn't mean the other guys aren't. I like Ben a lot, and he should definately continue to be a part of this offense, but from that highlight video, it looks like Mike Ford is the guy that can make some good things happen for this team.

On a side note, if Ben was more of a big play running threat, you wouldn't need him to block as much because the defense couldn't sell out to get to Grothe on the play action.

• Content Count:  10
  • Days Won:  0

Your gonna hear this from me all season long, Mike Ford went to my high school, GO SAILORS, one of the best RBs to ever come out of high school in florida. At games people would  always chant "Built Ford Tough, Built Ford Tough". He was a cool guy to, he was never in class though. i would always see him just walking around school, thats probably why he didnt go to Bama.

• Content Count:  997

i may be blind but i dont see an R in contact in his post

He fixed it post haste.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

What a beast.  I love how he looks to initiate contract at the end of his runs.   >:D

What is he a lawyer? I know you preview you're post so I had to pounce in this one!

>:D

Archived