• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

YouTube: Mike Ford Highlight Reel

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

What a let down, I had heard Mike Ford was 10 feet tall, but then they say he's only 6'2.  Talk about overrated!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

I love backs like this he has the speed of tailback but loves to run someone over like fullback. The long run was impressive he just ran over 4 defenders. Could he be better than Andre Hall..................... one game doesn’t equal 2 years but if he keeps on running like this I like his chances

GO BULLS

• Content Count:  563

Your gonna hear this from me all season long, Mike Ford went to my high school, GO SAILORS, one of the best RBs to ever come out of high school in florida. At games people would  always chant "Built Ford Tough, Built Ford Tough". He was a cool guy to, he was never in class though. i would always see him just walking around school, thats probably why he didnt go to Bama.

Hey buddy, screw the Sailors

Go Rams!!!

Haha

But a good chant for him would be

Who? Mike Ford.

Kind of a spin off of "Who? Mike Jones."

For those of you who understand it.

I see where you coming from but when/if Ford gets shut dwn our opponents can use the same chant as a slap in the face tht i think will really sting.

How about built  ford  tuff.....x 100 or  just  all game

• Content Count:  10,219

samuels needs some touches

williams -ford-samuels- planchar (RS taylor)

• Content Count:  3

At Steve and Barry's, near campus, they sell "Built for Tough" shirts and hats for around $7!  This is a definate add to your USF gear!  It not only applies to Mike Ford, but also "Taurus" Johnson.  Let's start something here! 

Run the Bull!   

• Content Count:  3,403

I might be in the minority, but I think Ben Williams should start versus Auburn.  Sure Ford will ultimitely win the job and maybe even by the UNC or WVU game, but Ben Williams has improved.  His stats weren't as gaudy as Ford's, but still very solid, 9 carries for 51 yards.  Start Williams, but play Ford alot. 

I hadn't seen anyone post about this yet, but JoeB is right.  Ben Williams is MUCH improved this year - the coaches weren't just blowing smoke.  I think Ben should start, but Ford needs to get 20 carries.  It looks like he is a special player and he simply has to get enough touches, but Ben deserves PT also.  Give Williams and Taylor about 6 carries each.  I wouldn't play any more than 3 backs though.  Not sure what to do with Samuels and Plancher?

Considering how well the WRs did, I say we start with Williams, Ford, and Taylor.  Now, I would say Samuels as well but I think, as someone else has suggested, that he should be returning kickoffs and/or punts.  The analyst for catch 47 says Samuels is the fastest of the RBs, and he looks like he has to body for returns (Taylor does, too, but didn't seem that fast yet).

That would still leave out Plancher, who really is the sad luck guy here.  Ben Williams does look like he's improved, but he's already had his year to shine if he doesn't get to play much going forward.  Plancher's year should have been last year.  It's going to be hard to get 5 RBs playing time.  At least B-Will is a Junior so he'll only have next year.  In 2 years it would just be 4 RBs with Plancher being the senior...Guess we'll see.

• Content Count:  33

let's hope ford plays for at least 3 years before going to the nfl.  he, and grothe, could bring us a big east championship.  ford will be a first round nfl draft pick if he can keep up his grades and stay in school.  please coach leavitt, give him 25 touches a game - NOW.  he is better than rice and slayton.  he did it in the spring game, so don't give me no bs about competition.

• Content Count:  3,403

let's hope ford plays for at least 3 years before going to the nfl.  he, and grothe, could bring us a big east championship.  ford will be a first round nfl draft pick if he can keep up his grades and stay in school.  please coach leavitt, give him 25 touches a game - NOW.  he is better than rice and slayton.  he did it in the spring game, so don't give me no bs about competition.

This could be a tad overhyping at this point...but we'll see.

Archived