• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt on Woody George Situation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

appropriate response by Leavitt.  Run the crap out of Woody, make him carry equipment, make him apologize and agree to pay for the boot if not fully recovered and the tickets, but don't make one bad action create another bad action, and then another. 

I did get a ticket for my wheel touching a white line once.  I paid, but boy was it late, and then I let them have it when I did pay and that was over 14 years ago.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

He should only pay the depreciated value...  :)  Much like if his car had been stolen under the ever watchful eyes of the ticket writers (boot or no boot), he'd get a fraction of replacement value from the insurance company.  When the boot's depreciation is figured,  it might not have even been a felony.

I'm bored.

• Content Count:  500

I recieved a warning for parking on the white line...when I wasnt on the white line.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Leavitt got ticketed at USF? That's BS.

Here's my two parking stories

1) A buddy of mine was coming down to visit for the weekend. He got here at 9:00pm on Thursday night, and the parking building that gives out the visitor passes was closed till 8:00 the next morning. So my buddy parked on the top floor of the Crecent hill parking garage, and woke up early to go get a pass at 8:00. He got to his car at 7:15 (he was going to get some doughnuts) and there was a ticket for parking without a pass. He never paid it beacuse he knew it was BS.

2) I was walking from my dorm to class one morning (just before 9:00am), and I passed by the little parking lot over by Maple Halls and Beta. There's a couple of parking spots in there with 30 minute parking meters. As I walked by there was a meter maid (actually was a guy) sitting on the back of his golf cart waiting for a meter to expire. The meter still had 3 minutes on it, but he had the ticket all ready to go for when it expired. I just walked by and said "don't you have better things to do?". He just gave me this evil look. I should have just gone over and put a quarter in to really piss the guy off.

• Content Count:  201

I was ticketed at USF for backing into a parking place...I didn't know the rule was "head first."

My wife got one of those too. I was pissed and told her not to pay it. They sent out a warning letter to pay it and she caved.

• Content Count:  12,293

i think it was a good response from Leavitt.

don't condone the actions but still let it be known how easy it is to get a parking ticket on campus and how stupid the tickets are.

i mean, parking on the white line gets you tickets is the dumbest thing ive heard.

• Content Count:  1,479

First, yes you are allowed to pull through and park facing out of a parking space. I've done it for two full years and yet to get anything about that. I've heard that before that it wasnt allowed and couldnt believe it.

Secondly, about a month ago I got a warning for parking on the white line at the athletic facility as well. This is by a couple of inches, not halfway in the other space.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Can't imagine parking services or USF Police is real happy with the attention they are getting now.  I agree with Leavitt that this could and should have been handled internally.  Putting a felony charge on this kids record was probably not warranted.

• Content Count:  342

Why does CJL not have his own space with no pass required?

Is he serious, a ticket for touching the white line?

I'm sure he has a reserved space -- and probably doesn't pay for it out of his pocket -- but everyone from Dr. Genshaft on down has to have a parking pass.  And yes, touching the white lines is a ticketable offense on campus.

I was ticketed at USF for backing into a parking place...I didn't know the rule was "head first."

I am not a 100% sure, but I believe you can back into spots aslong as they are not angled. So if its a straight spot back in/ head first is acceptable, while angled parking spots backing in is ticketable.

No you are not allowed to back into a space wether it is angled or not.  Trust me I had a run in with them myself and they instructed me on that law/rule.  It is really BS

• Content Count:  294

Someone needs to stake out the parking staff and see how they park - love to catch them on a white line. I can see monitoring meters and keeping people from taking two spaces - but that rule beats all.

Archived