• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential Men's Basketball Coach

Guest JulmisteForPrez

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

He already turned the job down once. doesn't anybody remember him taking his name off of our consideration list the last time we were hiring? That was when he was an assistant none-the-less.

he knows this is a job to nowhere. terrible pay, terrible facilities and an impossible conference to compete in. He gets paid more at his current job. Why in the world would he want to come here???

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  0

NO!!!

This school needs to find a name.  A known face.  Someone who can bring some credibility to the program.

WE need to find the freakin money and stop running the program on the cheap.

Bring in Quinn Snyder, Maybe the guy from Charlottee, just somebody who brings a known commondity to the university.  I am tired of hiring coaches who nobody has heard of.

I am sure they are good leaders -- but we need someone that the fan base can look at and say "they are finally investing in that program."

USF does not need a "name", they need a good freaking basketball coach.  Quinn Snyder may be a "name", but there's a reason he's available...he flat-out sucks at coaching basketball!  If a guy can coach, he'll be a "name" in no time, and then you'll have to worry about fighting off other schools.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

He rejected the job in the 1st place because he was making more at UF as an assistant than he would as head coach here.

Listen, when and if the time comes we can discuss it then, but for now lets just wait and see what happens.

(and yes, I do believe this is MAC's last year)

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

"That Charlotte coach," were you referring to Bobby Lutz?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Lutz coaches at his alma mater. Probably gets paid a boat load more than our coach.

again why would he come here?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Lutz coaches at his alma mater. Probably gets paid a boat load more than our coach.

again why would he come here?

Because we have the best message board coaches in the country?   ;D

Guest BasketBull.

We need a shady cat, someone like Nolan Richardson or Quin Snyder to give USF bball some atmosphere. I'm so sick of hearing "nontraditional" attached to our beloved bball program.

Either of those coaches would come in cheap (cheaper) and if they win, the crowds will follow. Keep them on a short leash and that should be okay. This is the best way to go. If we go the straight-up route by paying a ton and hiring a fat cat, bball will put athletics in a financial hole. And what if the guy doesn't win?

So instead of another greenhorn upstart, let's bring in a shady big cat at a discount price and a short contract, say 3 years. We can always cut bait if it doesn't pan out.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

We need a shady cat, someone like Nolan Richardson or Quin Snyder to give USF bball some atmosphere. I'm so sick of hearing "nontraditional" attached to our beloved bball program.

Either of those coaches would come in cheap (cheaper) and if they win, the crowds will follow. Keep them on a short leash and that should be okay. This is the best way to go. If we go the straight-up route by paying a ton and hiring a fat cat, bball will put athletics in a financial hole. And what if the guy doesn't win?

So instead of another greenhorn upstart, let's bring in a shady big cat at a discount price and a short contract, say 3 years. We can always cut bait if it doesn't pan out.

Two words .... Jim Harrick.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I like basketbull's style.

I can live with that outlook -- although i think Harrick is a little off the deep end Trip.

Im all for taking kick back from the boosters -- but when your paying off the teachers and getting kids an A - by having your son teach the class -- that is a little to shady for even the hinkelberry.

DIdn't someone on this board ask Bobby Lutz what it would take to get him to USF...  and he turned around and said "750,000"

Who is the board member that brought up that story?

hilarious.