• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential Men's Basketball Coach

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Guest JulmisteForPrez

A lot of you guys have been demanding names from some of the fans who want coach Mac out after this season.  Some decent names have been thrown out there, I think.  I have one more to throw in the pot....

I've been living in Richmond, VA now for almost one month.  Last week, my wife and I went to the Old Dominion at Virginia Commonwealth game right here in Richmond.  I've got to throw Coach Anthony Grant's name in the hat.  He's getting so much out of what he has, and he is a young, likeable guy with TONS of connections in the state of Florida.

Now, this is his first year, so would he be interested?  I certainly think he's take a look.  To go from the CAA to the Big East, and to go back to his home state...I would say he'd be interested.

Listen, some major conference school is going to pick this guy up in another year or two....TRUST ME...so why not let it be us?

So, Anthony Grant, VCU Head Coach.......what do you think?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

A lot of you guys have been demanding names from some of the fans who want coach Mac out after this season.  Some decent names have been thrown out there, I think.  I have one more to throw in the pot....

I've been living in Richmond, VA now for almost one month.  Last week, my wife and I went to the Old Dominion at Virginia Commonwealth game right here in Richmond.  I've got to throw Coach Anthony Grant's name in the hat.  He's getting so much out of what he has, and he is a young, likeable guy with TONS of connections in the state of Florida.

Now, this is his first year, so would he be interested?  I certainly think he's take a look.  To go from the CAA to the Big East, and to go back to his home state...I would say he'd be interested.

Listen, some major conference school is going to pick this guy up in another year or two....TRUST ME...so why not let it be us?

So, Anthony Grant, VCU Head Coach.......what do you think?

For a first year head coach...he scored some TOP HS Recruits out of FLA...(believe almost ALL of his recruits he signed in Nov were from FLA).

Obviously, being at UF and a top recruiter for so long...he has a TON of connections in the state.

Him..in the Big East?

If he can Coach 1/2 as good as he can recruit (VCU is 17-3 this year), he would probably put a winning team on the floor in the Big East.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

not a bad choice

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

wonder what he makes there.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

wonder what he makes there.

Article says he is making $300,000 per year at VCU...the same as Capel was making before he bolted to OU. (FYI...Capel left for OU, just 1 month after signing a long-term contract extension with VCU).

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicArticle&%09s=1045855934926&c=MGArticle&cid=1137835450060&path=!sports!colleges

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

NO!!!

This school needs to find a name.  A known face.  Someone who can bring some credibility to the program.

WE need to find the freakin money and stop running the program on the cheap.

Bring in Quinn Snyder, Maybe the guy from Charlottee, just somebody who brings a known commondity to the university.  I am tired of hiring coaches who nobody has heard of.

I am sure they are good leaders -- but we need someone that the fan base can look at and say "they are finally investing in that program."

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  901

Within 5 minutes..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

NO!!!

This school needs to find a name.  A known face.  Someone who can bring some credibility to the program.

Bring in Quinn Snyder, Maybe the guy from Charlottee,

"A known face"  "The guy from Charlotte"

you want a known face but dont even know the name of the guy you are suggesting we bring in.