• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congrats Plant HS!!! Is Marve Considering USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I heard from a friend that Robert Marve is considering FSU and USF now that Alabama has fired Shula.  Supposedly, he won't even consider UF because Tebow is there.  Does anyone have any inside info on Marve's intentions?  

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from a friend that Robert Marve is considering FSU and USF now that Alabama has fired Shula.  Supposedly, he won't even consider UF because Tebow is there.  Does anyone have any inside info on Marve's intentions?  

Bien said that USF is working him quite hard... and given the attention Grothe has gotten at USF, it means Marve could get some national attention as well.

The question is, could he beat out X Lee and Drew W at FSU??  He won't beat out MG, but would be a GREAT backup -- and would probably start his junior and senior years.

Personally, I would love having him in a Bulls uniform...

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

JimUSFSig,

Did you watch the game?  The kid is unbelieveably composed.  He had his John Elway moment bringing back Plant from a 4 point deficit in less than three minutes to put them ahead for good.  That was as good a game as I have ever seen in football - pros, college or high school.  It was an awesome performance from a kid that broke Tebow's touchdown record this year.  I think he could be better than Grothe, if that's even possible.  I would love to see him in Green and Gold ::)

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  141
  • Days Won:  0

Bien said that USF is working him quite hard... and given the attention Grothe has gotten at USF, it means Marve could get some national attention as well.

The question is, could he beat out X Lee and Drew W at FSU??  He won't beat out MG, but would be a GREAT backup -- and would probably start his junior and senior years.

Personally, I would love having him in a Bulls uniform...

FSU has 2 other QBs that redshirted this year, will be rsFr next year (Christian Ponder and D'Vontrey Richardson).  Both were some of the top QBs in the country coming out of high school. I doubt that would be a smart move for Marve to go there.  He'd be better off going to USF, redshirting a year, and having 2 after Grothe ultimately leaves.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  132

Edit: OOOps Garcia (not Marve) is going to South Carolina and Spurrier

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

Garcia just verballed to South Carolina, not sure how you figure Marve would go there as well. And I'd love to have him behind Matt, if something were to happen, but I just dont understand why he would want to come knowing there is a 95% chance he wont play for a few years.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

He is on USF's board.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

He's USF number one QB target right now.  If we don't land him we call it a year with Voss.

They're putting the full court press on with Marve and he is very interested.  The longer Bama struggles finding a QB the better off we are with Marve.

Bama's struggles could also help us with two players we're recruiting heavily in Mobile, one that was originally leaning to Bama.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  749
  • Days Won:  1

I watched the game from Nebraska and saw a STUD...Love MG, but after a possible Redshirt, this kid could be EASILY breathing down Matt's neck.  Cannon arm and elusive feet...would need to learn the spread running that MG is so adept at.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

I watched the game from Nebraska and saw a STUD...Love MG, but after a possible Redshirt, this kid could be EASILY breathing down Matt's neck.  Cannon arm and elusive feet...would need to learn the spread running that MG is so adept at.

That's the thing, he runs primarily out of the shotgun-4 wide set NOW, so the transition would be smooth.

If USF can somehow get this kid, it would be HUGE. Backup QB is a gaping hole right now, and it would continue to solidify USF as a "place to go" for top recruits in the area.