• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congrats Plant HS!!! Is Marve Considering USF?

JimUSFSig,

Did you watch the game?  The kid is unbelieveably composed.  He had his John Elway moment bringing back Plant from a 4 point deficit in less than three minutes to put them ahead for good.  That was as good a game as I have ever seen in football - pros, college or high school.  It was an awesome performance from a kid that broke Tebow's touchdown record this year.  I think he could be better than Grothe, if that's even possible.  I would love to see him in Green and Gold ::)

Yes I did.  His two interceptions were just youthful mistakes -- trying to do too much.  He definitely has the skills and talen necessary to be as good as MG.

I also agree that is was a GREAT game.  Nease didn't roll over and quit.

Marve also broke Chad Barnharts record for completions in a state championship game.

Marve won't be going to Florida or South Carolina, that's a good thing.  In reality, there aren't that many teams that could use a player of his caliber as much as USF.  He'd be close enough to home that his friends and family could see him play more than half of his games -- and with the schedule the next five years, there are some quality teams against whom he can prove his skills.

Win-Win is a good description of Marve in a Bulls uniform.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

We have no depth behind Grothe, if he were to go down we would be SOL.  I like our chances landing this guy with the success and increased national attention that we are recieving.  Hopefully we can land this guy and start a trend of the best talent in the bay staying here.

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

stud

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Marve has a lot of the physical tools to be successful at the next level but i feel that he forces alot of balls and takes advantage of his tools at the high school level.  If you watched the whole state championship game against Nease there were several balls where Marve threw the ball into double coverage and would have been picked in major d1 ball but he was able to get away with it because it was high school. Marve has the accuracy, release, arm strength, and touch to be very successful as a QB at the next level but it it will be his decision making that determines his success at the college level.  He would be a HUGE win for our bulls and show that it is acceptable for top prospects in the bay area to stay at home . We could really use him as i see Voss as more of a athlete than a QB from most of the film that i have seen.    

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Marve has a lot of the physical tools to be successful at the next level but i feel that he forces alot of balls and takes advantage of his tools at the high school level.  If you watched the whole state championship game against Nease there were several balls where Marve threw the ball into double coverage and would have been picked in major d1 ball but he was able to get away with it because it was high school. Marve has the accuracy, release, arm strength, and touch to be very successful as a QB at the next level but it it will be his decision making that determines his success at the college level.  He would be a HUGE win for our bulls and show that it is acceptable for top prospects in the bay area to stay at home . We could really use him as i see Voss as more of a athlete than a QB from most of the film that i have seen.    

No offense Lurkle, but that's a big DUH!!!  That's HS ball in a nutshell.  Look at Matt Grothe this year and his 14 INTs, most were the product of forcing opportunities.  Kids like Marve often get away with things they couldn't in college, but they also demonstrate amazing abilities that can't be duplicated.   The bad habit of forcing plays will be worn off in the first week of practice when he sees USF has cornerbacks with more speed then possibly anyone Marve has played with our against in his entire HS career.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

Bien, What do you think our chances are of landing Marve?

No offense Lurkle, but that's a big DUH!!!  That's HS ball in a nutshell.  Look at Matt Grothe this year and his 14 INTs, most were the product of forcing opportunities.  Kids like Marve often get away with things they couldn't in college, but they also demonstrate amazing abilities that can't be duplicated.   The bad habit of forcing plays will be worn off in the first week of practice when he sees USF has cornerbacks with more speed then possibly anyone Marve has played with our against in his entire HS career.

Never said the habits wouldnt be broken just giving my break down on the kid.  All the tools are there its all about how he adjusts at the next level is basically what i said about him if you read the whole thing.    

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Bien, What do you think our chances are of landing Marve?

Probably 30%, Marve is a kid that's going to start somewhere and whomever comes to USF will be sitting behind Grothe for 3 years.  At Bama Wilson has only two more years left but the point is his first two were not great.   The only way USF lands Marve is if something completely changes his heart and he decides home is where he wants to be.  

I still stand by my assertion that Voss, can be a very, very good QB, but he'll need time and 3 years behind Grothe is perfect.  I always classify recruits in a 'want' and 'need' category.  This year, a 2nd QB recruit is a 'want' and not a need.  I'd take Marve in a second, but for the first time in five years we're not needing a 2nd QB recruit.  A good position to be in, if Marve doesn't bite then expect us to use that space on another quality athlete at another position.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Saw the Scout post by Josh Newburg................was Jim Leavitt in Marve's living room this evening?  Only Josh can spill the beans ::)

Its looking like our chances at Marve are getting better by the day.