• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

If CJL were to win 26 straight and then lose three, we have some of you "astute types" that would certainly focus on the three.

I don't doubt that, and that would be foolish.  But what's wrong with pointing out a very mediocre past two and one-half seasons?  

2 seasons ago was disappointing

but come on...how can any season when you achieve something you have never achieved before be a mediocre season?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

If CJL were to win 26 straight and then lose three, we have some of you "astute types" that would certainly focus on the three.

I don't doubt that, and that would be foolish.  But what's wrong with pointing out a very mediocre past two and one-half seasons?  

First, it may be "mediocre" to on person and not to another....what's wrong with that? Nothing.

Also noothing wrong with pointing it out once...but as you know, if you've been around, smazza has been hammering this stat for weeks now (especially when he can add to the loss column).  It's not like any other fan doesn't know what our record has been the last 2-10 years.  Understand?   I think you do, you're a bright fellow.

You might be right about certain individuals moaning even after a 26-3 stretch, but we won't know until that happens I guess, huh?  In the meantime, here we are with a less than stellar past two and one-half seasons.  How can you fault anyone for being troubled about that?

I'm not faulting anyone for their behavior, I'm just pointing out the fact that most fans don't need smazza's pointing out of a record over a timeframe that suits his long-running disdain with CJL.  Period.  Just like fans like myself do not need to hear Ari continuously repeat the number of conference wins in Coach Robert McCullum's tenure.  He'll even repeat in it the offseason as if we had a chance to win a conference game when none were being played.  Bless you Ari.

If smazza or Ari wish to belabor such things they can do so elsewhere.  But to think we all need or want to read the same nonsense (of which we are already aware) is incorrect.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Lets talk about future wins I see USF  384 (W) - 126 (L) when CJL hands the program over to new Blood

;D  According to smazza their was a span in the run in which the "new Blood" lost 8 out of 11 and should have been fired.  good thing no one listened to smazza...wow 384-126...75% win percentage...

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

The talent is not the there, honestly how many of our kids would start for an SEC or Big 10 school, or even WVU or UL.........Maybe 7 or 8 total?

Haven't both USF and Cinci had the same amount of recruiting classes (3) since they both earned their Big East/BCS invite?

Wouldn't most find that it would be MUCH easier to recruit at USF...located in FL...located in Tampa...and playing in a NFL Stadium....then say to be able to recruit at Cinci...play in a small football stadium...infront of so few fans...and play many of your games in cold weather?

Did you see all of the Bowl Banners hanging in Cincy's Stadium?  I saw one dated 1946.  They were hanging all over.  They've probably been to as many Bowl games as we have 1-A wins.

Just one more thing that makes a huge difference!

Well...sadly, I think you are wrong, again.

Cinci has one of the oldest College Football Programs on record (started in 1885), but yet they have only played in 7 Bowl Games over these 120 plus years.

I think USF has had more than 7 wins in their history.

KL

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

The talent is not the there, honestly how many of our kids would start for an SEC or Big 10 school, or even WVU or UL.........Maybe 7 or 8 total?

Haven't both USF and Cinci had the same amount of recruiting classes (3) since they both earned their Big East/BCS invite?

Wouldn't most find that it would be MUCH easier to recruit at USF...located in FL...located in Tampa...and playing in a NFL Stadium....then say to be able to recruit at Cinci...play in a small football stadium...infront of so few fans...and play many of your games in cold weather?

Did you see all of the Bowl Banners hanging in Cincy's Stadium?  I saw one dated 1946.  They were hanging all over.  They've probably been to as many Bowl games as we have 1-A wins.

Just one more thing that makes a huge difference!

[highlight]Well...sadly, I think you are wrong, again.[/highlight]

Cinci has one of the oldest College Football Programs on record (started in 1885), but yet they have only played in 7 Bowl Games over these 120 plus years.

I think USF has had more than 7 wins in their history.

KL

Wrong again?  When was I ever wrong b4?  ;)

Well, ucf has been around 30 years, so you guys must be doing 3 times as good as we are?  I guess you've been to 3 times as many bowls and have 3 times as many..........

Why don't you go worry about your pissant program, bad enough we have our own fans too stupid to realize it takes more than a few seasons to build a program from scratch.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Jewbull, if you're talking about starting I'd say the total might not even be that high.  Gotta be realistic with ourselves, unfortunately to many *******, sorry I had to blank it out so Brad won't get mad at me, posters for some reason believe that just because we entered into the Big East that we somehow should now be a UM power?  We're building, did any of you see how Rutgers is building, and the success they're having- I put us about a year behind Rutgers in the construction process of building a legit BE BCS winner?  Crazy to have UM expectations when there is no justification for it.

There hasn't been one BE game in which the opposition has blown us out since we've been in the league, well Sunday's was close but it was 2-0 in the 4th quarter but Cinci just made plays that we did not, so i don't construe that as a blow-out just a boring defensive struggle.  That says a lot about the quality of coaching, and players that despite having a team built for 1-A non-BCS C-DOA (over 2/3's of our starters were pre-Big East), this team would mop up in C-DOA this year and last, but they're still developing BCS talent.  You don't play repetitive BCS teams on a weekly basis without a full compliment of BCS players and expect to win every game.  

If you do well then you are ****** and ********, but hey who's checking?  No real filter for that on these boards now is there?

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

if you keep using the lousy 2004 season in your analysis, CJL looks like ****.

However-- if you recognize that going to a bowl game last season ERASES that bad year and that we are still 5-3 this season, then no-- he is still on very solid ground.

lies, **** lies and statistics.

LEavitt has this program positioned to win 6 or 7 games per year, with an occasional 2004-type of season. The challenge is to become a consistent 8 or 9 win program. It doesn't sound like much of a leap but its harder than many people.....like smazza....can comprehend.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

compare that 15-17 record to smazza fav team USC over the last two years.  USF looks bad but again remember, our USF alumni do not have the funds to pay $100,000 for RB like USC does.  we need more money !

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

if you keep using the lousy 2004 season in your analysis, CJL looks like ****.

However-- if you recognize that going to a bowl game last season ERASES that bad year and that we are still 5-3 this season, then no-- he is still on very solid ground.

lies, **** lies and statistics.

LEavitt has this program positioned to win 6 or 7 games per year, with an occasional 2004-type of season. The challenge is to become a consistent 8 or 9 win program. It doesn't sound like much of a leap but its harder than many people.....like smazza....can comprehend.

winning 6 games with a SOS in the 100's is unaccpetable.

please let me know when usf wins 9 1A games with a SOS less than 100.THIS accomplishment doesnt even appear to be on the radar.

at this point usf should never had a 4 loss season again like 2004.there is simply too much talent.

while my expectation may be too high some have unacceptably low expectations