• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  286
  • Days Won:  0

Smazz didn't make the record, he's just reporting it.  It's negative but that's not his fault that CJLs.  

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

how bout 66-42, cjl's record here at usf since day one.  

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  622

we had a decent season last year.....ppl predicted us to finish 7th and we finished 3rd

this season...well it had its up n down...(mostly downs) but its not over till its over

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

if you keep using the lousy 2004 season in your analysis, CJL looks like ****.

However-- if you recognize that going to a bowl game last season ERASES that bad year and that we are still 5-3 this season, then no-- he is still on very solid ground.

i use 2004 because that is when we had our best rb and i think going back a couple of years give a fair assessment of progress and program

if you go back to far it is not representative

i count the bowl loss

the records are what they are

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

So we were 15-15 up until last night...

So Smazza was just waiting for us to fall sub-.500 again so he could start another negative thread about Leavitt's record.

I wonder if he would have started one titled "16-15" if we'd won...  ::)

just stating the facts

this is the third year usf is an average or less team.

i thought usf would beat cinncy

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

there is much to be down on JL for like qb recuiting last 5 years offensive playcalling ect

but for each negative there is 2 or 3 positives.

that said 2007 JL MUST take that next step in this programs evolution with an 8-4 season and a bowl win.

we have had 3-4 years to recruit as a bcs school (6 years D1a) these players should be SO and JR, so we should have depth (young?  talented depth) so i expect more consistant controlled ( no penalties) play

playcalling has improved this year (we are still not at the top half of bcs level) but with grothe and ponton and our WRs we should be more consistant on offense, no more "stupid" playcalling.

if we are having these kind of egg laying in 2007 the JL should be on the hot seat.

IMO 2007 no more excuses!

no more we are ONLY 10 years old!

no more we are young!

no more we just got into D1a or just got BCS!

this is my opinion

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

You know, 9 1/2 years ago we didn't even have a football game played yet.  Now, we are in a BCS conference and competing (and sometimes beating) other BCS teams.

All you people who think "Leavitt should be accountable"   or  "Leavitt should be on the hot seat"  etc, etc, just  who in the hell do you plan on replacing him with?  (keep in mind you have to do it on a budget most BCS  schools consider pocket change.)  It's not just the coach's salary, it's also recruiting budgets, etc, etc, etc.

You guys all want this $hit yesterday, but how many of you are writing $100,000.00 or better donation checks to the program?

A friend of mine who graduated from UF was up there at a fund raiser a couple months ago.  In one night (1 freaking night) they raised $57,000,000.00 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about holding Leavitt accountable for the fact that we are the fastest rising program in NCAA history???????????????????

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

IMO 2007 no more excuses!

no more we are ONLY 10 years old!

no more we are young!

no more we just got into D1a or just got BCS!

this is my opinion

I don't think those are excuses, I think those are facts.

Your opinion of course is just that.

To somehow act like our relative youth in all apsects of BCS level football has no bearing on our abilities, talent, facilities, funding, travel, on and on and on is simply being blind.  I know a few other cranks on this board spouted the same thing a few weeks ago.  I'd encourage you to stick with your team and fully understand the bigger picture before you start issuing silly ultimatums or diatribes about a team in its 10th year of competition.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,706
  • Days Won:  424

since 2004 with last nights shocking loss

It was shocking only to those wearing green and gold goggles.

does leavitt have so much good will capital built up that he will never be held accountable?

I wouldn't say never be held accountable but he does have a couple more years stored up in his good will account.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

The talent is not the there, honestly how many of our kids would start for an SEC or Big 10 school, or even WVU or UL.........Maybe 7 or 8 total?

Haven't both USF and Cinci had the same amount of recruiting classes (3) since they both earned their Big East/BCS invite?

Wouldn't most find that it would be MUCH easier to recruit at USF...located in FL...located in Tampa...and playing in a NFL Stadium....then say to be able to recruit at Cinci...play in a small football stadium...infront of so few fans...and play many of your games in cold weather?