• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Guest JulmisteForPrez
I think you have to always consider the circumstances when looking at records. We are 5-3 with Grothe...would we have THAT record w/out him? Compare his start with any other USF quarterback and then get back to me. To be honest when I saw this post I didn't realize 15-17 was a record of ours, [highlight]this number isn't relative or indicative of anything[/highlight].

Right, right...........if by "this number isn't relative or indicative of anything" you mean that it shows how many games we have won and lost over that stretch.  Other than that one thing (the entire point of playing the games), that number is completely inconsequential.

I think the point he was making was that 15-17 is inconsequential to the current situation and beyond and he's absolutely correct. His point about what that record would possibly have been with MG at qb for all those 32 games was dead on .... but the 15-17 is a great rallying cry for the piss and moaners.

Yeah, you're right, Triple_B.  His point about what the record would possibly have been with Grothe at QB was definitely "dead on."  If by "dead on" you mean completely irrelevant, since wondering about something like that is about like wondering what our record would have been over the last 32 games with Troy Aikman at QB.  Grothe was in high school during a large part of that stretch, and Aikman had already retired from a 10-year NFL career.  What's the point of wondering crap like that?  Facts are facts.  We have STUNK over that stretch.  

I swear....some of you guys act like admitting our mediocrity (to be kind) is like asking you to say something bad about your mother!  This isn't something to be taken personally, gents!  And yeah, by the way, 15-17 is indeed a great reallying cry for this piss and moaners because it's an objective fact.  You can throw subjective arguments around all day if you'd like....it's a free country.  But objective facts will always carry more weight than subjective statements and opinions.  Guess what would help with the "piss and moaners," as you put it with typical Triple_B class..........a better record.  That's all.  It all comes down to wins and losses.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

It all comes down to wins and losses.

5-3

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, you're right, Triple_B.  His point about what the record would possibly have been with Grothe at QB was definitely "dead on."  If by "dead on" you mean completely irrelevant, since wondering about something like that is about like wondering what our record would have been over the last 32 games with Troy Aikman at QB.  Grothe was in high school during a large part of that stretch, and Aikman had already retired from a 10-year NFL career.  What's the point of wondering crap like that?  Facts are facts.  We have STUNK over that stretch.  

I swear....some of you guys act like admitting our mediocrity (to be kind) is like asking you to say something bad about your mother!  This isn't something to be taken personally, gents!  And yeah, by the way, 15-17 is indeed a great reallying cry for this piss and moaners because it's an objective fact.  You can throw subjective arguments around all day if you'd like....it's a free country.  But objective facts will always carry more weight than subjective statements and opinions.  Guess what would help with the "piss and moaners," as you put it with typical Triple_B class..........a better record.  That's all.  It all comes down to wins and losses.

Well said.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

5-3

Check back in with me in about four or five more weeks there, bro.  We don't have any more McNeese State or FIU games on the schedule, do we?  That record is gonna' look just a weeeeee bit different in another few weeks.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

5-3

Check back in with me in about four or five more weeks there, bro.  We don't have any more McNeese State or FIU games on the schedule, do we?  That record is gonna' look just a weeeeee bit different in another few weeks.

And in four or five weeks, if things go the way it looks like it will, you'll be able to piss and moan away to your heart's content at a losing record that will, at least, have a little relevancy ...

Guest JulmisteForPrez

5-3

And in four or five weeks, if things go the way it looks like it will, you'll be able to piss and moan away to your heart's content at a losing record that will, at least, have a little relevancy ...

Yep.  Looking forward to it!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

5-3

Yep.  Looking forward to it!

We're all very aware that you're looking forward to it .....

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I think you have to always consider the circumstances when looking at records. We are 5-3 with Grothe...would we have THAT record w/out him? Compare his start with any other USF quarterback and then get back to me. To be honest when I saw this post I didn't realize 15-17 was a record of ours, this number isn't relative or indicative of anything.

it demonstrates usf's record over a 2  1/2 period of time

it indicates that usf has been less than average during a particular time frame

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

So we were 15-15 up until last night...

So Smazza was just waiting for us to fall sub-.500 again so he could start another negative thread about Leavitt's record.

I wonder if he would have started one titled "16-15" if we'd won...  ::)

just stating the facts

this is the third year usf is an average or less team.

i thought usf would beat cinncy

USF is still playing with players recruited for Conference USA! We've had 2 year of Big East recruiting (And we all know how many of those players are on the team.)  The recruiting will eventually solidify the program to where we can beat the doorment Big East team to go for the BE tittle.

I give it our 4th year untill we make the point where at the end of the season our last game will decide the BE champ and BCS.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
So we were 15-15 up until last night...

So Smazza was just waiting for us to fall sub-.500 again so he could start another negative thread about Leavitt's record.

I wonder if he would have started one titled "16-15" if we'd won...  ::)

just stating the facts

this is the third year usf is an average or less team.

i thought usf would beat cinncy

[highlight]USF is still playing with players recruited for Conference USA! We've had 2 year of Big East recruiting[/highlight] (And we all know how many of those players are on the team.)  The recruiting will eventually solidify the program to where we can beat the doorment Big East team to go for the BE tittle.

I give it our 4th year untill we make the point where at the end of the season our last game will decide the BE champ and BCS.

Yeahhh........ummmmmmmm.........both Cincinatti (remember, the guys we just lost to) and Louisville (they're pretty good too) came out of C-USA and into the Big East the same time we did.

So......might there be some other excuse you'd like to try?