• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

So we were 15-15 up until last night...

So Smazza was just waiting for us to fall sub-.500 again so he could start another negative thread about Leavitt's record.

I wonder if he would have started one titled "16-15" if we'd won...  ::)

just stating the facts

this is the third year usf is an average or less team.

i thought usf would beat cinncy

Here's a look at USF wins since 2004 (Best wins to worst/easiest opponent)

1) Win over UL in '05...UL finished season 9-3

2) Win over UCF in '05...UCF finished season 8-5

3) Win over Rutgers in '05...Rutgers finished season 7-5

4) Win over UAB in '04....UAB finished season 7-5

Those are the USF wins vs I-A Teams that ended up with a winning record.

The other wins since '04:

5) '04 win vs TCU...who ended up 5-6...worst season since 1997.

6) '05 win vs Cinci (4-7)

7) '06 win vs UCONN (3-4)

8) '06 win vs UCF (2-5)

9) '04 win vs ECU (2-9)

10) '05 win vs 'Cuse (1-10)

11) '06 win vs FIU (0-7)

12) '06 win vs UNC (0-6 vs I-A Teams)

13) '05 win vs Div I-AA FAMU

14) '06 win vs Div I-AA McNeese St

15) '04 win vs Div I-AA Tenn Tech

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

The talent is not the there, honestly how many of our kids would start for an SEC or Big 10 school, or even WVU or UL.........Maybe 7 or 8 total?

Haven't both USF and Cinci had the same amount of recruiting classes (3) since they both earned their Big East/BCS invite?

Wouldn't most find that it would be MUCH easier to recruit at USF...located in FL...located in Tampa...and playing in a NFL Stadium....then say to be able to recruit at Cinci...play in a small football stadium...infront of so few fans...and play many of your games in cold weather?

It's one game...good bye.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

The talent is not the there, honestly how many of our kids would start for an SEC or Big 10 school, or even WVU or UL.........Maybe 7 or 8 total?

Haven't both USF and Cinci had the same amount of recruiting classes (3) since they both earned their Big East/BCS invite?

Wouldn't most find that it would be MUCH easier to recruit at USF...located in FL...located in Tampa...and playing in a NFL Stadium....then say to be able to recruit at Cinci...play in a small football stadium...infront of so few fans...and play many of your games in cold weather?

knaght_dim

Did you see all of the Bowl Banners hanging in Cincy's Stadium?  I saw one dated 1946.  They were hanging all over.  They've probably been to as many Bowl games as we have 1-A wins.

Just one more thing that makes a huge difference!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Fire JL right now and then  well.  ahh, ummm.  yea and fire Bobby B.  he lost 3 games at Doak this year.  fire every coach in the PAC 10 exept that clown from USC cause the rest of them lose to USC.  oh yea, fir e that dude from WV, Rodriguez is his name ?  I don't care if they are ranked, his team leads the nation in penalty yards - undisciplined team poorly coached - get rid of the guy.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Smazz didn't make the record, he's just reporting it.  It's negative but that's not his fault that CJLs.  

Well said.

It's comical (really, it literally makes me chuckle) when someone states a cold, hard, black & white, indisputable fact on these boards and they get criticized for making an observation.

Well, I guess it's the old "ignorance is bliss" philosophy.  I guess if you really want to be happy about everything (even things about which there is nothing to be happy), then I understand why you criticize astute fans who point out facts and figures which expose weaknesses and shortcomings of the program.

Hey, that's your right...no doubt.  But be fair enough to respect others' rights to question the direction of this program when there are some glaringly obvious trends.  It's a two-way street, fellas.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Smazz didn't make the record, he's just reporting it.  It's negative but that's not his fault that CJLs.  

Well said.

It's comical (really, it literally makes me chuckle) when someone states a cold, hard, black & white, indisputable fact on these boards and they get criticized for making an observation.

At risk of even more comedy, I think the point is that anyone can massage stats anyway they'd like.  One can look over any range of information and slice and dice that which is delectable.  Many are not short term thinkers, or "what have you done for me lately" types and believe that we are on the right path.  I am sure there have been several great coaches that had rough spots - Joe Paterno prior to last season - but have over the longer term shaped a program positively.  

If CJL were to win 26 straight and then lose three, we have some of you "astute types" that would certainly focus on the three.

Hence, many laugh off these kind of posts...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

But be fair enough to respect others' rights to question the direction of this program when there are some glaringly obvious trends

Trends ?  Ok here is a "trend"/fact.  In our whole history of BE play USF has never missed playing in a bowl game.  Christ man, we haven't been in the BE and division IA football to have much of any trend.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Christ man, we haven't been in the BE and division IA football to have much of any trend.

We've been 1-A for what, four or five years now, right?  Yeah, trends take decades, I guess.  ::)

Guest JulmisteForPrez
If CJL were to win 26 straight and then lose three, we have some of you "astute types" that would certainly focus on the three.

I don't doubt that, and that would be foolish.  But what's wrong with pointing out a very mediocre past two and one-half seasons?  

You might be right about certain individuals moaning even after a 26-3 stretch, but we won't know until that happens I guess, huh?  In the meantime, here we are with a less than stellar past two and one-half seasons.  How can you fault anyone for being troubled about that?