• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Athletic Director Announcement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Some deep stuff in here.

Again ... that's what she said. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I did see Petrino is interviewing for lville

I think Leavitt returning to USF would be closer to Petrino returning to Arkansas.  Eventually I hope Leavitt is again associated with the program in some capacity.  It wont be while Woolard is around.  I'm just curious to know if it'll happen under Judy or not.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I did see Petrino is interviewing for lville

I think Leavitt returning to USF would be closer to Petrino returning to Arkansas.  Eventually I hope Leavitt is again associated with the program in some capacity.  It wont be while Woolard is around.  I'm just curious to know if it'll happen under Judy or not.

Good analogy, odds of that have to be waay out on the bell curve.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Demands like a head coach, the face of your athletics program and representative of your university should take responsibility for his actions rather than pressure kids into lying for him.

Was that one of Miller's differing stories? I don't recall that one in the investigation, only allegations he asked what Miller told investigators.

You don't recall a lot from the investigation, only what you want to recall.

A recording of Leavitt calling Miller and asking him to change his story.

Multiple players stating that Leavitt asked them to "stand by him the way he stood by them".

Leavitt "ordering" someone to throw away the contents of a locker that belonged to a player that testified against him.

And Judy and Doug basically telling Leavitt that all he had to do was say his emotions may have gotten carried away, and he arrogantly refused.  

We've been through all this before, and I'm sure we'll go through it again.  Leavitt didn't act like a leader, he acted like a kid caught with his hand the cookie jar.  

That isn't who I want representing my school.  I know that wins are more important to you and behavior can be excused as long as there are wins.  O'Leary only killed one kid on his way to rebuilding the UCF program, let's hire him!

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I wrote a ton and just erased it.  Do we have to do the Leavitt debate over again?  I don't think anyone's opinions have changed other than we picked a ****** follow up coach.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Here's the thing. There are people paid to wear Bulls' insignia, etc., and hold up the sign when there's people around, and then there are people who do it because it's in their blood. And I guess there's another group who do it because we won some football games a few years back, but those people are thinning out quick.

I love all of the people who have green and gold in their blood -no matter what they believe about Leavitt and how things should go.

As for the people who are paid, I keep my eyes very carefully on them to see what's in their back pocket. My question is always, if they weren't paid, would they be Bulls?

There were three coaches that I really got attached to, in no special order: Bobby Pascal, Seth Greenberg, and Jim Leavitt.

They all worked to the bone and gave it all they had and made a difference at USF -in the sports that I care about. And even though they were paid, I know their blood was green and gold when they were in it. To this day, I bet you Pascal and Leavitt still have green and gold in their blood.

Seth, when push came to shove, he had something in his back pocket. And it wasn't that he left, but how he left.

This is why I hate myself sometimes for coming down on a specific student athlete: they are green and gold by choice and they don't get paid.

This diatribe was for a purpose. We true-bloods need to stick together. Whether Jim Leavitt was this or that, none of it matters now. There's only one Bulls Nation!

Q: If Judy wasn't getting all that mula, would she be sporting the logo -even on her sailboat?

I've always doubted the color of her blood. And I still don't know. With the state of USF athletics, I lean heavily on the side of "hell no!"

Questioning JG but including Seth in your g&g blood club?? .... Total absurdity.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Questioning JG but including Seth in your g&g blood club?? .... Total absurdity.

Uh, I won't even bother since you didn't read/comprehend. But let's just say that I wouldn't buy a used car from Seth; he's got no integrity whatsoever.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

By the way, I went back and read the news articles from the Leavitt fiasco.

1) Legally, it went down as a stalemate between USF and Leavitt -USF paid up and and he can never apply for any job at USF (it will be ignored per the lawsuit agreement).

2) Both sides stuck to their guns. So, anyone on here claiming sort of certainty either way is more knowledgeable than what the news reported...

3) The fans lost! The paid people have always been paid and so what if our records stinks. Their checks still cash out green.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Uh, I won't even bother since you didn't read/comprehend. But let's just say that I wouldn't buy a used car from Seth; he's got no integrity whatsoever.

I read and comprehend just fine. Doubting Judy's blood color and leaning towards a "hell no" while she's still here but  ...saying that Seth made a difference in USF basketball while he was here IS total absurdity ... You were wise not to bother.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

DW has announced that he's giving up his AD position to be a offensive game planner for CWT at night and a mathematics professor during the day.  Here he is in front of the calculations he's made to do both jobs.

OWGSUIGCQLWKOXC.20100322150525.jpg