• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Athletic Director Announcement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158
  • Days Won:  0

We would like to invite you to join us for an announcement concerning the Director of Athletics at the University of South Florida during a press conference scheduled for 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, May 12th in the ball room of the Phyllis P. Marshall Center.  This event is open to the public.  We hope to see each of you there.  Go Bulls!

Eric

Here's the official release:

May 11, 2004

MEDIA ADVISORY

University of South Florida President Judy Genshaft will hold a press conference to announce the new Director of Athletics. The announcement will be made Wednesday, May 12, at 11:30 a.m. in the Phyllis P. Marshall Center Ballroom.

At the press conference, Genshaft and the new Director of Athletics will make statements, followed by one-on-one media availabilities.

USF officials will not make comments regarding the announcement prior to the press conference Wednesday.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

My bet is Oliver.  Any takers?

I believe you'll have to wait until tomorrow for that...

I really disliked the guy from St. Louis, I just don't see him as the guy to take us to the next level.  Any chance that LRS changed his mind?

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think there was one candidate that was heads and toes above any other... Woolard will be fine.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

I guess Woolard was chosen because he is older and more experienced. He successfully managed the transition of St Louis into C-USA and he was a safer bet at this time.

From old article:

December 11, 2002  

Athletic Director Doug Woolard Honored with Bauer Award

Woolard

St. Louis - The Missouri Athletic Club will present its Carl O. Bauer award to Saint Louis University director of athletics Doug Woolard tomorrow night at its 33rd annual Sports Personality of the Year dinner. The award recognizes a top amateur sports figure.

In his eight-year tenure directing the Billikens' athletic fortunes, Woolard has served Conference USA and the NCAA in a variety of highly influential committee appointments. He managed the Billikens' transition into the high-profile league.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

winner by default woolard

did not like his approach and he was an eleventh hour addition to the final cut sounds like an "inside job" and they only had others interview for the show. this process stunck from the begining that's why we did not get the great candidates the i had expected

hope he does well but i doubt it. usf has done a crappy job in handleing the hiring of this key person in our growth phase i hope it does not bite us in the AR$E

just my $0.02

• Upvote 1