• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Athletic Director Announcement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Quadratic formula? I think he's more likely gunning for high school math teacher.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Quadratic formula? I think he's more likely gunning for high school math teacher.

It's a math teacher at UCF. I know, weird that he would teach math at UCF and be an assistant coach at USF, but then, Woolard never has been someone whose decisions made much sense.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

It's a math teacher at UCF. I know, weird that he would teach math at UCF and be an assistant coach at USF, but then, Woolard never has been someone whose decisions made much sense.

Honors program math at UCF?

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Demands like a head coach, the face of your athletics program and representative of your university should take responsibility for his actions rather than pressure kids into lying for him.

Was that one of Miller's differing stories? I don't recall that one in the investigation, only allegations he asked what Miller told investigators.

You don't recall a lot from the investigation, only what you want to recall.

A recording of Leavitt calling Miller and asking him to change his story.

Multiple players stating that Leavitt asked them to "stand by him the way he stood by them".

Leavitt "ordering" someone to throw away the contents of a locker that belonged to a player that testified against him.

And Judy and Doug basically telling Leavitt that all he had to do was say his emotions may have gotten carried away, and he arrogantly refused.  

We've been through all this before, and I'm sure we'll go through it again.  Leavitt didn't act like a leader, he acted like a kid caught with his hand the cookie jar.  

That isn't who I want representing my school.  I know that wins are more important to you and behavior can be excused as long as there are wins.  O'Leary only killed one kid on his way to rebuilding the UCF program, let's hire him!

this is going to ruffle some feathers

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Not really, because much of it is not in the record anywhere.  What ruffles feathers is DataBull's consistent use of his own created hearsay and conjecture.

The alleged recording, illegal as it may be, was never produced in the investigation.  It was not entered as evidence or included in the report.  Like much of the Miller story, it could have been a fabrication or an 8-track one day, a CD the next.  Who knows it ever existed except for those close to Miller?  Funny a son of a crooked cop recording someone without their permission.

The "stand by him the way he stood by them" comment is not an accurate comment either, and certainly nowhere in the report. 

Leavitt was guilty of the boneheaded move of acting against the cancer that was Colby Erskin.  Not a bright move removing Brett's mole from the locker room - even if the season was over.

The final point that you routinely miss, I'll try to make very clear to you for a final time.  I have not pleaded the innocence of Jim Leavitt.  I have only stated, and I will again, a more gifted administrator or manager could have spared the program all the problems it now has by better handling the situation and not turning it into the sham investigation it was.  He could have seen it for what it was and the associations between the parties, including the reporter McMurphy.  He didn't want to see that.

My concern is not with Jim Leavitt's innocence or guilt, but like anyone else's situation he should have received fair hearing.  Perhaps then Woolard could have closed the chapter without costing the program so much.  And as Joel Miller's friend and vocal supporter Willie T for me admit's above - "There is also no doubt that his exit was politically motivated and supported by major boosters. The circumstances were simply the easy way out (which ended not so easy)."  Our AD could have done better.  That remains the point no matter how much you wish to impugn Jim Leavitt.

As for representing my university.  Leavitt has done far more for it, despite his flaws, than you could ever be capable of doing.

You consider yourself to be an intelligent man.  Read the report and see if you can't detect at least three contradictions by the reviewers.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I did see Petrino is interviewing for lville

I think Leavitt returning to USF would be closer to Petrino returning to Arkansas.  Eventually I hope Leavitt is again associated with the program in some capacity.  It wont be while Woolard is around.  I'm just curious to know if it'll happen under Judy or not.

He is returning to Louisville though. You'd think they'd pass because he just chases dollars, has no loyalty to anyone but Ben Franklin.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

And now the discussion is brought back to topic, our Athletic Director. 

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369

Funny a son of a crooked cop recording someone without their permission.

Not to be overly picky on a longer post that I generally agree with but there is nothing illegal about recording someone (in this situation) under Florida law.  Florida is one of only a handful of states that require two party consent for recording (most states require only one party consent) but that limitation doesn't apply in circumstances where someone might reasonably expect to be overheard by others like a public setting or in a crowd of people.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369

And now the discussion is brought back to topic, our Athletic Director. 

We have an athletic director?  Sense when?