• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How awesome does the iconic U .....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Are there any pictures of the soccer field?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I never got into soccer...   ever.   But if I can get the chance to be a Green & Gold soccer hooligan, I think I'll give it a shot.  Can someone post the sched?   -mutt

I think a little hooliganism would be good for the USF crowd.  :) I've already been to a few soccer games, and I completely agree that our crowd is way too quiet. They're nothing like the football fans.

Fans of Saturday Night Live, repeat after me, "If it's not USF (Scottish as the skit goes), it's crap!" Mike Meyers as a raving Scottish soccer hooligan rocked.

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I think there are only two home games left. I'm not a big soccer fan, but I am going to make the Sunday game (class on Wed. :(). Anyone else going to be joining me?

Sun, Oct 15   Syracuse 7pm

Wed, Oct 18   Louisville 7:30pm

Go Bulls!!!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://www.TheBullsPen.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/nph-YaBB.pl?num=1160755675]This Thread[/link]

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

But as for now... if we had one today... we would have beer

This is not necessarily true.  The Sun Dome and other facilities that sell alcohol were zoned before Pizzo Elementary was constructed.  It is a gray area, but we would have quite a hard time getting an OCS zoned for alcohol if it was built in the Sun Dome area like Jim said in his pinned post on the main board.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

This is not necessarily true.  The Sun Dome and other facilities that sell alcohol were zoned before Pizzo Elementary was constructed.  It is a gray area, but we would have quite a hard time getting an OCS zoned for alcohol if it was built in the Sun Dome area like Jim said in his pinned post on the main board.

No need to zone... beer will be served at the new Marshall Center

anyway... does anyone have a pic of the field????

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

They determined years ago when OCS talks began that there is not enough room on (our current) campus for a stadium.  At that time they were discussing the purchasing of land off of Fowler of Fletcher for a stadium.  My guess is that by now the land has been purchased and they're just holding on to it till the ground breaking time comes. (All of this was talk as of probably 2/3 years ago and I haven't been updated since then)

No need to zone... beer will be served at the new Marshall Center

anyway... does anyone have a pic of the field????

Yes, there is a need to zone... as is the case with any facilities that will be newly serving alcohol.  Yes the MC will be zoned as well, it is far enough away from Pizzo that it doesn't cause a problem.

They determined years ago when OCS talks began that there is not enough room on (our current) campus for a stadium.  At that time they were discussing the purchasing of land off of Fowler of Fletcher for a stadium.  My guess is that by now the land has been purchased and they're just holding on to it till the ground breaking time comes. (All of this was talk as of probably 2/3 years ago and I haven't been updated since then)

I can say on good authority no additional land has been purchased for the purpose of an OCS, above and beyond what we aleady own.