• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF tailgate tents?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/31/2006 at 3:00 AM, fishinBULL said:

Where can i get one?

Go here. We just ordered ours and got it last week. Came in about a weeks time. 

20LOGUNCSFLCNMYTNSFL_is?wid=200

Shop a wide selection of South Florida Bulls Economy Canopy at ****’S Sporting Goods and order online for the finest quality products from the top brands you trust.

red 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

It shows that RICHARD'S Citrus Park has in stock, only store within 100 miles ....

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

hightechbull was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 10 points.

I went to Sam's Club on N Dale Mabry in Northdale area, and they had a full pallet of USF tailgating tents.  However, they are 12' x 12' which is technically not allowed at RJS.  However the design has an overhang for the roof, so I think the base is actaually 10' x 10', which is in the RJS rules for tents.  It looks like the roof of the tent hangs a foot on each side, so maybe RJS would not care.  I did not want to take a risk that some parking lot dictator would make me take it down, so I went to the RICHARD's Sports Store at the Citrus Park Mall, and they had the 9' x 9' USF tents.   They were on a display near all of the tailgating stuff, so you have to look for them.   They are in a black carrying bag, so it is not obvious that they are USF tents.

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

The Sam's on N Dale Mabry also had other USF swag, so I may go back and stock up before they sell out or return the items back to their supplier.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

1 minute ago, hightechbull said:

so I went to the RICHARD's Sports Store at the Citrus Park Mall, and they had the 9' x 9' USF tents.   They were on a display near all of the tailgating stuff, so you have to look for them.   They are in a black carrying bag, so it is not obvious that they are USF tents.

Was going to check there this weekend. Does the quality seem pretty good?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, hightechbull said:

I went to Sam's Club on N Dale Mabry in Northdale area, and they had a full pallet of USF tailgating tents.  However, they are 12' x 12' which is technically not allowed at RJS.  However the design has an overhang for the roof, so I think the base is actaually 10' x 10', which is in the RJS rules for tents.  It looks like the roof of the tent hangs a foot on each side, so maybe RJS would not care.  I did not want to take a risk that some parking lot dictator would make me take it down, so I went to the RICHARD's Sports Store at the Citrus Park Mall, and they had the 9' x 9' USF tents.   They were on a display near all of the tailgating stuff, so you have to look for them.   They are in a black carrying bag, so it is not obvious that they are USF tents.

We've been using the canopy with the extra foot on each side for a couple of years with no issues. You'll notice quite a few tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Triple B said:

Was going to check there this weekend. Does the quality seem pretty good?

I used it today and it is decent quality for my needs.  I never used one before, and some helpful guy next to me showed me how to set it up,

19 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

We've been using the canopy with the extra foot on each side for a couple of years with no issues. You'll notice quite a few tomorrow.

I saw a few, even one for the other team.  🤮
Those look like a good option, but I am happy with the one I got

The one thing I did not know about is that the sports stores sell weights that hold the tent down so you do not have to use those stupid spikes.   I guess you do not really need that for a tailgate session lasting a few hours, but you never know when a wind gust will come along and sent your tent flying.  🤣
I also found tent leg weights at Amazon, so I will get a set from whomever has the best price and can get it to me by the next game.

Edited by hightechbull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

32 minutes ago, hightechbull said:

I used it today and it is decent quality for my needs.  I never used one before, and some helpful guy next to me showed me how to set it up,

I saw a few, even one for the other team.  🤮
Those look like a good option, but I am happy with the one I got

The one thing I did not know about is that the sports stores sell weights that hold the tent down so you do not have to use those stupid spikes.   I guess you do not really need that for a tailgate session lasting a few hours, but you never know when a wind gust will come along and sent your tent flying.  🤣
I also found tent leg weights at Amazon, so I will get a set from whomever has the best price and can get it to me by the next game.

Get a couple sets of the weights and put 2 on each leg. A good gust will lift it even with the 10lbs on each. But work okay overall.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

Been using the Sam’s USF tent and table for a few years now. 

F327845F-77AF-49C1-A47D-138EC3EA6A4A.jpeg

E4ABEDAA-6654-44AA-8637-D69CD125AFB6.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 3

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

On 9/10/2021 at 10:24 AM, Triple B said:

It shows that RICHARD'S Citrus Park has in stock, only store within 100 miles ....

Still the case. Only 7 left in stock after my purchase today. 
Thought I was good to go until I pulled it out at the tailgate last week and the sand came pouring out with my memory of it tumbling over at Clearwater during the off season. 
Fortunately it held up okay for its last tour of duty. 
I have another generic 10x10 so I’m hoping I can pull the USF fabric from my broken one over that one. 

DEE7FE9E-B3B1-4F06-BA0C-272D0F8A8488.jpeg

Edited by Boomer