• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Too big meaning, we do not fill the stadium so it makes the game dull and quiet sometimes.  

A stadium on campus would be great, but not a priority.  Win first and more kids will come down to Ray Jay to actually go into the game instead of just tailgating.  Bring in big names, create rivalries and fill up the top section noone will care where we are playing.  

Dull and quiet? It might have been that way for the Cincinnati game last season, but it certainly wasn't for the other homes games we had.

There are big names coming into RJS. I'm sure there will be more when future schedules are filled. Rivalries are brewing with the likes of Louisville and hopefully WVU, Pitt, so the third level should be open more often than not.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614
  • Days Won:  0

You can tell me it's a honda all you want, but it is a ford.

It's definately not a Ford....compared to what USF could afford at this time it's a Rolls Royce.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

It's definately not a Ford....compared to what USF could afford at this time it's a Rolls Royce.

Exactly!

It seems so many are simply suffering from the "keeping up with the Jones'" syndrome, they can't see we are already  better off than many of them.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

are cops bad when tailgating at RJS?  do they check IDs a lot?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

cash.gif

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Hey turkey, talking about USF in the third person is starting to show everyone where your true allegiance lie.  We all knew, but if masquerading are your thing....

I am with Cyber in the fact not so much that this topic is a headhorse but more so that so many provide useless information and input and base everything on 100% presumption that these threads turn into two guys who believe their own BS debating with everyone else.

USF could afford a new stadium if they wanted but it would mean diverting from other facilities.  Facilities that we promised The Big East we would build, or improve upon our entry, i.e. we can't break that promise.  For the time being all dollars raised are/will be going to the new athletic village improvements and construction.

Second, USF is committed to holding off on a stadium to wait and build something at the pinnacle not the floor.  I believe someone said wait three years and see where our attendance is, if we continue improving on the field I personally believe say a 50k stadium will be too small.  With Miami coming at least two times to visit us, and other big names yet to be announced we will need to accomodate.  They will not build something to small, and it will be top notch.

Third, much like UCF there will be ancillary ways to support the construction, naming rights, advertising, concession rights....this thing could easily be supported if we could generate say 38k in ticket sales at 6 games.  Do the math, at $27 a ticket that would generate $6,160,000 in revenue that's enough to support $75M in tax exempt bonds at a 6.5% unenhanced yield.  Throw in parking say 7,500 cars, and concessions and there would be decent money left over before advertising, luxury suites, and tv.

But until we conclude one and two we really can't worry about three since it will take care of itself.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

Hey turkey, talking about USF in the third person is starting to show everyone where your true allegiance lie.  We all knew, but if masquerading are your thing....

I am with Cyber in the fact not so much that this topic is a headhorse but more so that so many provide useless information and input and base everything on 100% presumption that these threads turn into two guys who believe their own BS debating with everyone else.

USF could afford a new stadium if they wanted but it would mean diverting from other facilities.  Facilities that we promised The Big East we would build, or improve upon our entry, i.e. we can't break that promise.  For the time being all dollars raised are/will be going to the new athletic village improvements and construction.

Second, USF is committed to holding off on a stadium to wait and build something at the pinnacle not the floor.  I believe someone said wait three years and see where our attendance is, if we continue improving on the field I personally believe say a 50k stadium will be too small.  With Miami coming at least two times to visit us, and other big names yet to be announced we will need to accomodate.  They will not build something to small, and it will be top notch.

Third, much like UCF there will be ancillary ways to support the construction, naming rights, advertising, concession rights....this thing could easily be supported if we could generate say 38k in ticket sales at 6 games.  Do the math, at $27 a ticket that would generate $6,160,000 in revenue that's enough to support $75M in tax exempt bonds at a 6.5% unenhanced yield.  Throw in parking say 7,500 cars, and concessions and there would be decent money left over before advertising, luxury suites, and tv.

But until we conclude one and two we really can't worry about three since it will take care of itself.

Or as I said earlier:

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

OCS or not, I wonder if the TSA & the Bucs lighten up some on our game day restrictions when the OCS ball drops.  Wonder what they are gonna offer to keep the Bulls at RJS in 5-6 season?  I definitely see something happening in 10-12 years (as in serious research by USF) but I'm just talking out my keaster too so what do I know...huh?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Man lighten  up on  the Fords.  my new F-250 is bad to the bone and I could just trample a stinken little BMW or caddy.  Rolls Royce is for airplane engines.  I do love the enthusism for an  OCS but it wonn't happen for years if ever.