• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Ray Jay has ZERO atomosphere and might be the worst place to play college game.

It is way too big, the filed is painted in another teams color - and there is a big bucaneer battle ship in the end zone.

it sucks.

the tailgate atmosphere isn't any good because the stupid cops are everywhere -- and the student section is in the end zone.

It stinks

we need an OCS.

Go to an FSU, UF - Maryland -- any other school and you will notice a dramatic difference.

We need a stadium

Ray Jay is home to the Bucs -- not USF.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Ray Jay has ZERO atomosphere and might be the worst place to play college game.

It is way too big, the filed is painted in another teams color - and there is a big bucaneer battle ship in the end zone.

Zero atmosphere? There was a great atmosphere during the UCF, FAMU, Louisville and WVU games last season, so I would hardly say there is no atmosphere. The stadium isn't that big.

The only beef I would have with the field paint is that the white portion of the Bucs flag stays at midfield, with our logo in the middle of it sometimes.

The type of OCS we would need is much too costly at this time, especially when other atheltic facilites on campus are in more need at this time.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  443
  • Days Won:  0

Getting into the Big East was a huge move for USF..getting into a Bowl game was huge for USF..getting OCS will be huge for USF...it took a little time to get the Big East..it will take time to get an OCS..but i happen to agree with Ari...you need that stadium to create that game day feeling..USF is saving tons of money by playing at RJS..butttt..the time is near that USF will have to build it..this area wants it..and will support it there is no doubt...once USF gets a OCS you will realize a huge difference in players..fans and sponsorship..there is big corporate out there that would love the chance to sponsor a program such as this

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

you need that stadium to create that game day feeling..

I need a private Jet too, but when I only fly six times a year and all six tickets cost less than replacing one light bulb on the private jet, it's a tough expense to justify.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

STOP POST HERE, NO MORE POSTING ALLOWED. SEE THE OTHER 200 posts and 10,000 threads for more information on this topic.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  443

and other OCS use it how many times??? you wont have a college town until things like this happens...USF finally seen the need for a residency hall and it happened..more things like this need to happen and a OCS is one

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Zero atmosphere? There was a great atmosphere during the UCF, FAMU, Louisville and WVU games last season, so I would hardly say there is no atmosphere.

Exactly .... the only ones who say there is no atmosphere are the ones who don't WANT atmosphere at RayJay.

The tailgating is great with Bulls flags flying everywhere (there is the occasional parking lot Nazi but they'll be wherever you go).

The only time you notice it is when you're walking up to and in the pewter and red stadium but when the Bulls run out of the tunnel, all that should be forgotten ......

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Exactly .... the only ones who say there is no atmosphere are the ones who don't WANT atmosphere at RayJay.

The tailgating is great with Bulls flags flying everywhere (there is the occasional parking lot Nazi but they'll be wherever you go).

The only time you notice it is when you're walking up to and in the pewter and red stadium but when the Bulls run out of the tunnel, all that should be forgotten ......

Exactly.

Check out that one wallpaper on the athletics board that has the pic of the stadium. It looks like the WVU game. Bulls is written in both end zones and that covering that goes all around the lower portion of the stadium is all USF related.

The atmosphere in stadium has gotten much better over the past couple of seasons. More meaningful games and better student and overall attendance will do that.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

You can tell me it's a honda all you want, but it is a ford.

NO matter what color you paint it, not matter what banner you throw over it, it's a ford.

IT is not our stadium. YOu can tell from the minute they kick off.

Go to a Gators game in mid-october.

Watch them play bama in the swamp and tell me an OCS wouldn't help big time.

To say that RJS is an asset is an overstatement in my opinion.  

An OCS with 50K people in it would be a much stronger signal to a recruit.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  42

I like RJS, ask any of players who played there. When Florida played played in ray jay against Iowa, the atomsphere was real nice. I like the location of the stadium, and tailgating will not be same on campus. Just watch a recruit eyes when he walk on the field at RJS.