• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF turned down a 2 for 1 with Texas.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

no problem, you just have stupid knagits talking smack like always

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

So if we go 12-0 then we're a laughing stock?  Well I'll simply laugh all the way to the bank.  Thanks for the laugh, but in this instance the joke is on you.  Clearly UL, and WVU should be at or near the top, they both have recruited fantastically the past five years and deserve mention with the best BCS programs, but USF has beaten UL at their height so we've proven that a little more consistency and you're little laugh will turn to sorrow.

Ah, 12-0 is not the issue here.

If you go 12-0 (that seems MANY years and a few coaches away) then you would deserve to play in a BCS game for sure.  But, if you go 7-5 and go to the NBE slot of the BCS, you will be the laughing stock for sure.

But maybe I am wrong.

NOT!

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Miami >>>>> Texas

Yet the 'Canes are visiting RJS on equal terms.

Was FSU a laughing stock despite limping into their bowl game?

You can't have both ways. If you think that FSU doesn't deserve to get knocked b/c they play inthe  ACC then you can't knock the teams that beat FSU such as NC State.

USF played NC State very well and if USF had a little QB play we would have beaten the team that beat the ACC champion.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

Your post is EXACTLY the issue.

We do NOT NEED this.  We do NOT need a game with Texas.  However, GO and staff think playing the best possible competition is the way to go.  We asked the defending national champions to play an AWAY game first in our stadium in like 16 months.

That is unheard of.  Of course, to make that happen we had to give a concession which was the 2 Texas home games.  That is not unreasonable.  They did us a favor and they deserved compensation.

Now, as I have said before, were this deal to be done 10 years from now while we have been in our stadium for a while, there is NO way UCF accepts anything that is not equitable, unless there were some extenuating circumstances.

That is it.

For USF fans to say they are better than UCF since they turned down whatever proposal was offered is simply ludicrous.

Being in a BCS conference doesn't mean you automatically get BCS respect.  Texas would not ask Duke for a 1 for 1 so why should they ask you?

Keep plugging away, Mav. The very fact that you continue to come in here and try so very hard to convince us that we haven't passed you by is proof enough that we have ....... and you do NEED games like Texas if Georgie doesn't want just Top 25.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

how did this reach 19 pages?

It reached 19 pages because the UCFers want us to believe that they are better than us.... ::)

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

If you go 12-0 (that seems MANY years and a few coaches away) then you would deserve to play in a BCS game for sure.  But, if you go 7-5 and go to the NBE slot of the BCS, you will be the laughing stock for sure.

But maybe I am wrong.

NOT!

Don't you have an athletic village where all the good little UCF fans can huddle and stroke, while sipping the grape koolaid?  Why do you need to post here?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

But maybe I am wrong.

NOT!

You don't give yourself enough credit for being wrong, since it's just about all the time, especially in this instance. I'm sure you consider FSU a laughingstock for the BCS games they have gone to with the records they had in 2002 and 2005.

12-0 might be some years away, but it's something that is certainly attainable.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It reached 19 pages because the UCFers want us to believe that they are better than us.... ::)

Its almost as if 31-14 in lights wasn't enough for them. I did think they were close to us before we played last year...however, I think the team rightfully proved me wrong.

I won't write them in as a win, but I won't be as nervous as I would be for Louisville or WVU.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

Your post is EXACTLY the issue.

We do NOT NEED this.  We do NOT need a game with Texas.  However, GO and staff think playing the best possible competition is the way to go.  We asked the defending national champions to play an AWAY game first in our stadium in like 16 months.

That is unheard of.  Of course, to make that happen we had to give a concession which was the 2 Texas home games.  That is not unreasonable.  They did us a favor and they deserved compensation.

Now, as I have said before, were this deal to be done 10 years from now while we have been in our stadium for a while, there is NO way UCF accepts anything that is not equitable, unless there were some extenuating circumstances.

That is it.

For USF fans to say they are better than UCF since they turned down whatever proposal was offered is simply ludicrous.

Being in a BCS conference doesn't mean you automatically get BCS respect.  Texas would not ask Duke for a 1 for 1 so why should they ask you?

ftu/oc/ou made a good deal playing texas