• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,517
  • Days Won:  10

This really hasn't affected us recently, but there was a change in the 1-A to 1-AA transfer rule that just passed at the NCAA Division I Board of Directors meeting:

-snip-

One piece of legislation drafted by Steinbrecher and Fullerton was enacted. The Board approved legislation regarding the One-Time Transfer Exception that states that a player that transfers from I-A to I-AA can qualify for the exception (which allows players to play immediately without sitting out a season) only if they have two or more seasons of competition remaining. The legislation will go into effect on October 15.

Steinbrecher and Fullerton wanted to put an end to the practice of taking a transfer from a I-A school who only has one season of eligibility remaining.

"They are not transferring for academic reasons," Fullerton said. "There’s a lot of information that those kids are not even going to school and are back at their home school by the end of the semester. Coaches can become addicted to this and it’s bad branding for I-AA when the major media outlets are only talking about I-A transfers in the playoffs."

Steinbrecher said, "It seems to me that they should be able to make that decision in the first few years."

-snip-

In other words, a player can't go to 1-AA after your sophomore year.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

BS rule.  Who cares if a 3rd/4th string D1A player transfers his senior season to get into the two deep at a AA school.

Amen WWW to your post.  I agree but man would that cause some serious K-ah-us(sp?).

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

I thinnk ALL players should be allowed ONE transfer to any leval (even another 1-A) without sitting (wasting a year of their life) out.

It's easy to pick the wrong school and not realize your mistake til you get there.

• Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797

Division II and NAIA coaches must be salivating over this rule.  Get some D-I 3rd string QB to come in and dominate for a year.  See Fabian Walker at Valdosta State if you don't think it could happen.

Normal

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

I thinnk ALL players should be allowed ONE transfer to any leval (even another 1-A) without sitting (wasting a year of their life) out.

It's easy to pick the wrong school and not realize your mistake til you get there.

That would, however, open the door for colleges recruiting from other colleges.  Would you have wanted UM recruiting Hall from USF?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the kids should be allowed to come and go at will

like coaches

but athletes are treated like slaves

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,517
  • Days Won:  10

Except for the 'free education' part.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  57

horrible, horrible rule.  prevents football players from playing football.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

like coaches

Gotta (almost) agree with smaaza on this.  Don't think they should be able to come and go at will, but should get one mulligan.  It's easy for a 17 yr old to make the wrong choice.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

like coaches

This would create a proble and cause a chain reaction with the scholarship limitations in place. kid transfers to a team then school fills that slot with another transfer and so on and so on. It would be like free agency with kids jumping around.

slaves do not have a choice these kids do not have to play sports if they do not want to. I am sure you never played any sports so you would not understand how great it is to play football and most people would do anything to play college ball.