• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

smazza do you the difference between a student and an employee?

If I'm not mistaken, students can transfer any time they want.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

I do think that they should have a degree in athletics for athletes that are looking at turning pro.

...except only .5% of Division I scholarship athletes have a chance of playing a sport professionally. (That's including sports that play semi-pro, like softball or lacrosse.) Athletes who feel they may play their sport professionally are welcome to major in finance so as to educate themselves in a way to prolong their income from the average professional athletic career of _three_years.

Treating athletes like future pros upon their arrival at a university would create an entire generation of Marcus Vicks.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

In most cases in non revenue sports the NCAA will grant a transfer w/o taking a year off. Football and basketball don't really allow it unless there are extending circumstances, for the reasons I mentioned earlier. The kid STILL gets their eligibility, they just have to take a year off (and attend classes). It's not that much of a hardship considering a lot of kids take redshirts.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Watchu talkin bout Willis?   Columbia doesn't give schorlarships for football.

I know Willis, but they do provide grant-in-aids to athletes.  Check it out Willis, of course you'd have to get the grades AND be a good athlete to ever find out.  Ivy Leagues mix scholastic scholarships and grants to provide rides for their athletes.  He also had offers to William and Mary, Richmond, and Bucknell to name a few but chose Columbia for the educational standpoint, imagine that a kid not concerned about majoring in "FOOTBALL".  He's a 6-1 190lb corner that runs a 4.6, but believe it or not wasn't intriguing to most 1-A programs.  He went to a preparatory HS in Jersey and received a 4.0 GPA, and 1300 SAT, again he plays football but for the love of the game and because it got him nearly a free-ride into an Ivy League institution.  This is a fine example why paying athletes in college is ridiculous, at least anything more than nominal dollars, because 95% of the kids are there for the education.

I should have explained further since I knew some fool wouldn't understand the complexities of how the Ivy League's provide grant-in-aids.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

There are ways around it usually giving scholarships through FASFA and finding other types of funding for the athletes.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

I know Willis, but they do provide grant-in-aids to athletes.

Then why did you call it a scholarship, since they are not the same thing?   Is Grant-in-Aid not sexy enough for your family.

What does athletic ability have do with eligibility for a grant-in-aid?   Isn't the criteria economic (family's ability to pay) rather than athletic ability?

Check it out Willis, of course you'd have to get the grades AND be a good athlete to ever find out.

So which Ivy League school(s) did you play sports at?

Ivy Leagues mix scholastic scholarships and grants to provide rides for their athletes.  He also had offers to William and Mary, Richmond, and Bucknell to name a few but chose Columbia for the educational standpoint, imagine that a kid not concerned about majoring in "FOOTBALL".  He's a 6-1 190lb corner that runs a 4.6, but believe it or not wasn't intriguing to most 1-A programs.  He went to a preparatory HS in Jersey and received a 4.0 GPA, and 1300 SAT, again he plays football but for the love of the game and because it got him nearly a free-ride into an Ivy League institution.  This is a fine example why paying athletes in college is ridiculous, at least anything more than nominal dollars, because 95% of the kids are there for the education.

I should have explained further since I knew some fool wouldn't understand the complexities of how the Ivy League's provide grant-in-aids.  

While I realize that no one on this site is as omniscient as you;  There are however people here who know a thing or two about life's great mysteries.

It just so happens that I know a bit about the complexities of Ivy League sports. since a youngman in my family (National Merit Finalist, Higher SAT scores than your cousin,yada yada) turned down Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Princeton, and Columbia football.  

After attending their camp, Columbia was sending him letters every week for months trying to convince him to play for them.  He said no thanks.

He applied (without football) to and was accepted by Yale on academic  merit.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

First Turkey....your name should be changed because a Turkey is a very intelligent bird, and well you my friend....let's just say you can judge a man by who he picks a fight with.

Gobbler  this family lives in King of Prussia, so suffice it to say the "GRANT-IN-AID" HAS NOTHING to do with the parent's income qualifications and everything to do with my very youthful cousin's ability to play football.

I never purported to play or attend an Ivy League.  You were the stupefied poster that decided to question me, when I was just keeping it simple so I didn't get into a long, convoluted explanation of how my cousin ascertained a full-ride to an Ivy League institution to play football.   Then upon providing a detailed explanation, of course one quite interlaced with sarcasm (directed completely at you due to your overall ignorance and attitude), you decide to come on the offensive with a post, well let's just say that completely supported my original assertion.  So I ask you genius, if your intention is to debate with someone you're not suppose to prove their point in your argument.

Not another newby, know nothing, comes on this board with an anonymous handle, and doesn't have any information of use to provide, you're a cheap thrill ride at best.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

smazza do you the difference between a student and an employee?

AGAIN YOU DONT SEEM TO UNDERSATND THE ISSUES

GO BACK TO MYSPACEWHERE YOU CAME FROM