• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Re: NEW BAND UNIFORMS PROMISE DEAD

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

Bottom line:

We look more like the University of San Fransiscos band that South Florida's

http://usfdons.cstv.com/

I think the University of South Florida should "take back" the Marching Band....

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

RockyTop

youre assuming people care about the band...

RockyTop that was an A-Hole comment!  Students in the band work long hours in the summer heat and halftime at football games is their time to show off that hard work and for their parents to enjoy it, don't degrade and disrespect their hard work b/c you are trying to be funny.  I can't give much to the cause, but, I will donate what a can for these students to have decent uniforms.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

I like the more traditional hats.  I think the baseball caps look cheesy.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  695

I totally believe that the band is a big part of USF and deserve their new uniforms!!  I hope the new CD will be a big hit and that everyone will purchase one.  We are proud of our USF band and the dedication that each of the students give to support our BULLS!!!!!

Be an appreciater and not a hater!

Thanks guys... I just wish the people who made decissions up top were as good as all of you

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

RockyTop

RockyTop that was an A-Hole comment!  Students in the band work long hours in the summer heat and halftime at football games is their time to show off that hard work and for their parents to enjoy it, don't degrade and disrespect their hard work b/c you are trying to be funny.  I can't give much to the cause, but, I will donate what a can for these students to have decent uniforms.

Seriously...that's just rude and plenty of people care about the Band.  It is a source of pride for many of us and at many schools (i.e. FAMU, Bama, South Carolina and even UCF) are a huge source of pride.  It would be nice if a few more people would sit their butts in the seat until the halftime show is over and put their beer order on hold.  At a time in history when we all should want USF to put its best foot forward in every way possible we should all want the best for this program and be concerned for their success.

By the way...will the HOT be at the Spring game?  They should be.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

By the way...will the HOT be at the Spring game?  They should be.

good question, I was hoping to see them the last two spring games... I'd love to see the spring game in general more of an event than it is.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

It would be nice if a few more people would sit their butts in the seat until the halftime show is over and put their beer order on hold.

No offense but if I show up at a band contest and try to run a football game in the middle of it, how many of those people that came to see the bands would watch football?

I like our band but they are what they are. They are a support group for the football team just like cheerleaders and sundolls and Rocky.

Halftime is what halftime is.... don't make a big deal out of it... but at the same time don't reduce it to a crazy thing like football at halftime in a band festival.  

The band does the halftime show to entertain everyone during halftime.  Duh.  Nothing less.  Obviously, we wont please everyone.  Not everyone can have "wordrobe malfunctions" during halftime performances.

Just remember, its obvious that the band presents an image of the university.  Old logos and all.  We cant move on until we do what is needed.