• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Re: NEW BAND UNIFORMS PROMISE DEAD

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  0

Dude...stay away from the hats with the shakos.  Seriously - the civil war ended.  Stick with the baseball caps you wear.  

Aside from that - surprised to hear that you were going through your SG for uniforms.  How big is the HOT budget?  You guys should have more resources both through the music program (school vs. department) and athletic support (big east vs. c-usa) than UCF.  Shouldn't be that big of a deal?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

Student Government (myself) is only involved right now due to "broken promises" by the school's administration.  SG isnt funding it.  SG really can't fund it.  

About $113,500 in all for the uniforms... 300 need to be ordered.

Our budget is paid for by several sources (ie: foundation, provost/presidents offices, athletics, school of music, etc)  The University President PROMISED us we would have new uniforms in Fall 2006 though.

Loans were supposed to be taken out and paid back at $25,000 a yeat for 5 years

Note:  It just looks bad for 250 or so of our universities "ambassadors" to be walking around in retro USF.  Remember, the nation will see our program wearing old uniforms AGAIN on ESPN.

I dont have words for you right now rockytop

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

RockyTop-  The band is just as much a part of USF as your hillbilly band is to Tenn. It is surprising they at Tenn. can play at all considering all the teeth that are missing. And at least the H.O.T. plays more than "Rocky Top" over and over! And yes, intelligent people who still love athletics, DO CARE about the band. Again, the H.O.T represent USF.  What an assinine comment, Jeesh!!!   The Reaper

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

BOWL%20GAME%20088_jpg.jpg

Taken at the Car Care Bowl December 2005.

YES WE STILL HAVE THE OLD LOGO!!!!!!!

USFHOTPR are you Jonathan?

No... I just selected the first good photo of a band uniform from the band site that I found.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

That's ridiculous on multiple levels. The first being that, HOTPR mentioned, it's hundreds of our university's ambassadors--who, might I remind you are seen not only at halftime and in the stands, but segments thereof are all over the place in the school and the community--being seen in the old University logo while we are continuing an uphill battle to establish the iconic U as our new brand. Secondly, we speak often of the rise of our football team over the past 10 years, but rarely of that of the HOT in fewer, and particularly, in my opinion, the past year. Let's not forget that a unit affiliated wiht the HOT just brought home a bronze medal in inter/national competition. They are certainly a high caliber program, now in obselete, second-class uniforms.

That being said, I understand it's a hefty price tag. And for the record, I'm not entirely in love with the new unis. But the bottom line is, don't make promises you can't keep.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

youre assuming people care about the band...

RT, you cared enough to be slurping the Pride of the Southland (which, true enough, is a top-notch program) while giving no love to the home squad you're supposed to be repping on these boards.