• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Re: NEW BAND UNIFORMS PROMISE DEAD

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

Rockytop as a former marching bander (back in high school).  i take great offense to your comment.  you have proven time and time again to support tennessee more than you do USF, why don't you just leave this site and go post on a tennessee fan site.  honestly, how can you say that?  the band works really hard to entertain the fans, and your comment is a slap in the face to all the band members who work hard, day in and day out.

i think the band deserves new uniforms.  they have been getting better and better every year, and every other spirit group on campus has gotten updated uniforms, why should the band be any different?  if the administration won't give you what they promised, you could always have a protest, that marches towards genshafts office, in demand of what she promised you all.  invite out the media, and make it a huge event.  it is something that will get you all uniforms.  

and i'm for traditional hats instead of baseball hats

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Please just no wardrobe malfunctions with the flag guys.....

Hey that could be a good fundraiser. Pay to keep the flag guys uniforms from falling off.....

For what its worth, I'd like to see the band with the best wardrobes and equipment and scholarships all paid for by the school.

Halftime is what halftime is.... don't make a big deal out of it... but at the same time don't reduce it to a crazy thing like football at halftime in a band festival.  

The band does the halftime show to entertain everyone during halftime.  Duh.  Nothing less.  Obviously, we wont please everyone.  Not everyone can have "wordrobe malfunctions" during halftime performances.

Just remember, its obvious that the band presents an image of the university.  Old logos and all.  We cant move on until we do what is needed.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

youre assuming people care about the band...

exactly, they're just band geeks anyway.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

why do I get a murderous rage about me at times on this board?

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

why do I get a murderous rage about me at times on this board?

fear the band geek mafia! ;D

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

lol.  I was in band in high school as well.  I learned how to play trumpet so I could start some ska bands (it was the thing to do then).  

Band geeks annoy people in the band too, for giving everyone the bad rap.  A geek is someone who is just a little too "into" something to the point where they lose their perspective.  You have band geeks, journalism geeks, drama geeks etc.  It's like that in college and life too.  Ever see the movie Clerks?  You become a loser when you lose perspective.

Anyway, I guess my point is - remarks like "the band can't go on with the old logo" are just a little too overdramatic.  I'm sure you guys have more pressing issues.  If someone is watching a USF football game and suddenly thinks "Oh wait...I know the guy says South Florida, but I'll be darned if those arent San Francisco band members,"  I'll buy the band shakos.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

lol.  I was in band in high school as well.  I learned how to play trumpet so I could start some ska bands (it was the thing to do then).  

Band geeks annoy people in the band too, for giving everyone the bad rap.  A geek is someone who is just a little too "into" something to the point where they lose their perspective.  You have band geeks, journalism geeks, drama geeks etc.  It's like that in college and life too.  Ever see the movie Clerks?  You become a loser when you lose perspective.

Anyway, I guess my point is - remarks like "the band can't go on with the old logo" are just a little too overdramatic.  I'm sure you guys have more pressing issues.  If someone is watching a USF football game and suddenly thinks "Oh wait...I know the guy says South Florida, but I'll be darned if those arent San Francisco band members,"  I'll buy the band shakos.

Seems to me that the crux of this beef is that the uniforms were promised and there's no intent to deliver. I think the HOT members have a right to be mad and we have a right to be mad for them. Hell, we got mad when GoUSFBulls.com wasn't updated when we were told, why not this?

And I don't necessarily think someone's gotta lose perspective to be a band geek/nerd/dork/whatever (though in some cases that's true); I think it simply means they're passionate about it. And hell, if we all aren't geeked about something, why are we still sucking air?

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

lol.... you guys are great

It's true... there are geeks everywhere... and a lot in bands.  I can point to about 3/4ths of the bands here at USF and say they are.  

None the less, littledrummer is right... a promise was broken.  This isnt the first time The Arts at USF have been promised something, which was never to be delivered.

Example: the new music buildings promised over 40 years ago.  Now they are unfit to even walk into.

Who is to say that wont happen to our uniforms too?

Everyone on this board complains about the football teams uniforms, but at least they have right logo on them!

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Well they did earn the school several millions of dollars.....

Everyone on this board complains about the football teams uniforms, but at least they have right logo on them!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  69

Having been a member of a marching band in high school I can understand how disheartening it is to basically be ignored by administration when it comes down to resources. I think it's ridiculous, to not have updated the uniforms now after so many promises is pure disrespect on the part of the administration.