• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Peyton dismissed, three others leave

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

Peyton was bad, but not as bad as BB.

I think he is the only player that I have ever seen, get progressively crappier throughout his collegiate career. Usually someone either gets better, or they peak but BB went downhill. I thought he was going to be the "savior" of the program, and as a freshmen, he proved that he was a force, but then the wheels fell off one by one. That was almost surreal to watch.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

a Vince Wilson reference? that's like still having Carlisle Johnson on your two-deep for spring. Wilson went to B-CC, and didn't do much there. rushed for 184 yards, sixth-best on the team ...

greg

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Peyton sucked, so let's stop talking about him.

I think this affects us most on special teams. The 2 LBs, if I'm not mistaken, were standouts in special teams and obviously chad simpson was a dangerous return man.

Opens the door for some freshmen and redshirt freshmen to step in and get some playing time. Hope they can step up.

(by the way, this also shows that the last 2 recruiting classes HAVE been good if C-USA recruits are in fear of losing their spots on the depth chart....)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Despite having plenty of RBs, I still think it will be a rough start at that position next season...

Peyton coulda been good had he not been such a... He looked raw but talented in 2004.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

he showed flashes of brilliance....a few bombs he caught and the 2 tds at PSU but overall never lived up to his potential.

didn't he get left in tampa for the bowl game....if he was in good standing he probably would have made the trip.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

the first step towards succeeding is WANTING TO SUCCEED. johnny never got to first base....give me chambers, edwards and amari and johnny never gets in the game. if alcin and the cincinnati guy can play, johnny's looking for PT at ucf, anyways....

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  172

Lets be real, a majority of our receivers stunk last year including Peyton, we had more dropped passes than caught passes- Stats dont lie! Peyton gone will open up a spot for a receiver who can actually catch. No need to include BB in the conversation he was to busy being smokin gout and getting high to remember that he was an underachiever. If he would of dedicated his game like he dedicated himself to his weed maybe he would have been a great player.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

mainLogo.gif

USF Loses Defensive Coordinator, Former Top Recruit

exerpt

USF dismissed sophomore wide receiver Johnny Peyton for violation of team rules Monday, and sophomore linebackers Josh Balloon, of Jefferson, and Ronnie McCullough, of Hillsborough, and freshman running back Chad Simpson said they are transferring to other schools.

Peyton, out of Pasco High, was one of USF's highest-rated recruits in 2004. He was the Bulls' leading receiver as a freshman and had a team-high three TDs as a sophomore. Peyton was not allowed to attend the Meineke Car Care Bowl against N.C. State because he was tardy or missed various team functions throughout the year.

Peyton would not comment Monday but said he wants to remain at the Division I-A level. Big East rules prohibit him from transferring to another league school.

Simpson, from Miami's Edison High, was USF's leading kick returner (25.4 average, including a 94-yard touchdown against Louisville) and also led USF running backs in yards per carry (5.6 on 16 carries).

"I showed big-play ability, and they wouldn't let me play," Simpson said. "That's crazy. They weren't being truthful. I don't feel like they gave me a chance.

"I didn't need to start, I just wanted to play. I want to go somewhere I can get a fair shot. They won't let me play here, so why should I stay and let them mess me over again?"

Simpson, who told teammates in November he was leaving, said he's considering Michigan or Kansas State.

Balloon and McCullough, who were stuck in backup roles, had a combined three career starts.

Bethune-Cookman is a possible destination where the former local standouts may transfer. By transferring to a Division I-AA school, they would each have two years of eligibility remaining.

Both Balloon and McCullough's fathers said Monday they were unaware of their son's decisions to leave USF.

Story Link

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Peyton was bad, but not as bad as BB.

I think he is the only player that I have ever seen, get progressively crappier throughout his collegiate career. Usually someone either gets better, or they peak but BB went downhill. I thought he was going to be the "savior" of the program, and as a freshmen, he proved that he was a force, but then the wheels fell off one by one. That was almost surreal to watch.

Guess you've never seen a player whose kee blew out on him then?

Amazing that people will knock a guy who averaged a freaking double-double during his career here yet will laud the below average players currently on our roster.  BB was a legit/very good D1 player.  Sorry he didn't make it to the NBA like most of you dreamed he would.  Not that easy you know.   ::)

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I agree Peyton was a bad seed..I have heard from people in his hometown(cuz I have family there)that when anybody from home asked him about USF he talked **** and berated the program..so we dont need anybody on the team like that for sure..hurts recruiting..hurts if he talks to local media about it and hurts if he keeps around and talks to other teammates like that..glad he is gone