• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

On 3/10/2024 at 7:18 PM, flsportsfan83 said:

Another reason we need out of this ****** conference.

10 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

I’m firmly against our fanbases’ culture of pooping where we sleep like that.  The AAC is an underrated conference in basketball, and would be a three big league this year if they had collectively done a better job with ooc scheduling.  The NET would be 15 spots higher for almost everyone in the conference.  More importantly it’s still the best football conference available to us right now and it needs to stay that way.  There is nothing to be gained by degrading it when it’s already in a vulnerable state after just getting raided.  The mwc is strengthening with former p5’s joining them and they have a basketball advantage, somehow.

While I agree with your overall sentiment, there's nothing to be lost by degrading it on our message board either. It's how some fans roll, but what really matters is if they're still buying tix and supporting ...... and that particular chronic complainer is, bless his heart.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  304
  • Days Won:  0

We were called out on ESPN’s latest bubble watch article:

Bubble Watch 2024: Brace Yourself for NCAA Tournament Drama

Work to do

South Florida Bulls
For now, it's safe to say South Florida's drive for an at-large bid peaked on the morning of the regular season's finale on Saturday. At that point, the Bulls owned the nation's longest active win streak. Then the streak ended, and the drive for the bid at least paused, as USF lost 76-70 at Tulsa. Who knows, perhaps there will be another peak in the at-large candidacy. If so, however, it will have to be reached by means of defeating an opponent other than Florida Atlantic at the American tournament. South Florida and the Owls are the top two seeds in the bracket. (updated March 9)

Gotta love March Madness. Let’s see how the cookie crumbles 🤘

Edited by Bob Loblaw

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,484
  • Days Won:  25

Win the tournament and we get in. That is the goal and hasn't changed.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Win the tournament and we get in. That is the goal and hasn't changed.

Exactly! 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,484
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

Exactly! 

Did you ever get any more information on the ACC visit rumor from yesterday. Maybe a conference tournament win can convince them we are ready.

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Did you ever get any more information on the ACC visit rumor from yesterday. Maybe a conference tournament win can convince them we are ready.

Nothing yet but I see many are predicting USF to ACC whenever they expand.

28F7F586-4C11-42BF-81F2-1D5814910746.png

• Off Topic 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  1

Hard to believe 2PAC and Memphis for ACC bids, same with UConn, but you never know. I think everything between now and the end of the FSU saga (plus 2024 and 2025 conference distributions - whichever comes later) will be all speculation unless one of the actual sources (McTurd/Dodd/etc.) announces something. Think we can all focus on the new CFP, USF athletics, and conference athletics for the next 2 years or so. Twitter conference superfans are largely grasping at straws at the moment until FSUvsACC is decided. 

• Upvote 1
  • Off Topic 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

Didn't want to start a new thread just for this. TBT's Joey Knight posted an article about a new FT shooting drill that was implemented that they believe helped our percentage. Best percentage ever posted.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bulls/2024/03/13/usf-free-throw-amir-abdur-rahim-joi-williams-chris-youngblood/?trk_msg=MAU713RJU96KB001756I82958S&trk_contact=0AL62P0QNN60OCDBTSSGTTTA90&trk_sid=F7BJDKT15I97SAC0FP7F7MR6QK&trk_link=OQ3B52IF7MIKD8SD5JFJ8A02O0&utm_email=640a3172f1d679f3e83c4c2e56ef6883c08718ccdc20d31f76bb5f95b9cd08db&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=How+a+free-throw+drill+may+have+sparked+USF+basketball’s+dream+season&utm_campaign=Corporate+landlords+evict+at+higher+rates

The Bulls (23-6, 16-2 American Athletic Conference) ended the regular season with the best free-throw percentage (474 of 640, 74.1%) in the program’s 53-year history, eclipsing the previous record held by the 1978-79 club (73.8%). In four of their biggest wins of the season (FSU, Memphis, Florida Atlantic, SMU), they shot 75% or better from the stripe.

• Upvote 3

• Content Count:  10,878
  • Days Won:  67

9 hours ago, Outlaw said:

This thread has come down to you probing Matrix for information, put a fork in this thread because it is all done.  

• Haha 2

• Content Count:  10,878
  • Days Won:  67

I would love to make the tournament, and would love to play a blue blood, however playing KU and beating @NewEnglandBullwould be priceless.both their fb and MBB folded like a cheap tent, kiss my ass NEB.

• Haha 2
  • Crying 1