• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bracketology Updates

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

8 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

I can't believe Colorado St has a 6 seed in this bracket. How embarrassing to have this team 5 seeds higher than us. With 2 losses this week, CSU is now 20-8.

They'll probably slip some because of those close road conference losses, but on the season they have wins over BC, Creighton, Colorado, Washington and San Diego State.  They also play on the 4th ranked conference per RPI rankings

Edited by olafberserker
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,368
  • Days Won:  43

After USF’s win over SMU today I moved USF to an at large bid to the NCAA tournament. Win the next three & they are definitely in no matter what happens in the AAC. I’m not a bracktologist  but I did stay at a Holiday Inn…..

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

After USF’s win over SMU today I moved USF to an at large bid to the NCAA tournament. Win the next three & they are definitely in no matter what happens in the AAC.

I tend to agree assuming we are a 2 bid conference.  One concern would be losing in the conference tourney and someone other than FAU winning the auto-bid.  I'm not sure we're a 3 bid conference

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Lunardi is seeing USF as a potential at-large team now, regardless of the AQ status. However, in order to start in the discussion, USF will have to win the remaining 3 regular season games. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  362
  • Days Won:  1

According to all the experts we have to win the conference tournament or we are out.

I think if we win the rest of the regular season games, we have a chance to get a a large bid. 

According to this site:

WWW.TEAMRANKINGS.COM

2024 bracketology predictions broken down by conference for all NCAA college basketball teams. Updated daily.

AAC is predicted to have 1.6 bids

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

27 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

According to this site:

WWW.TEAMRANKINGS.COM

2024 bracketology predictions broken down by conference for all NCAA college basketball teams. Updated daily.

I hope we’re not the 0.6. It’ll be difficult to win any games with only 3 players in the starting lineup. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

13 hours ago, olafberserker said:

According to this site:

WWW.TEAMRANKINGS.COM

AAC is a 2-bid league for as long as FAU is not the champion. If FAU wins the conference tourney, then it's a crapshoot whether we get an invite or not

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, olafberserker said:

I tend to agree assuming we are a 2 bid conference.  One concern would be losing in the conference tourney and someone other than FAU winning the auto-bid.  I'm not sure we're a 3 bid conference

If we lose the conference tourney, the ideal is to lose to FAU.  IF we could beat UAB along the way, depending on how we finish, that could clean up our one conference loss (if we can finish and win the remaining games).

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

4 minutes ago, macphisto said:

If we lose the conference tourney, the ideal is to lose to FAU.  IF we could beat UAB along the way, depending on how we finish, that could clean up our one conference loss (if we can finish and win the remaining games).

While it may feel nice to clean up the loss, there is no real value in beating UAB. A better road would be beating some combination of Memphis and SMU along the way before falling in the conference finals to FAU. Remember, neutral court NET top 50 wins count as Q1 and 51-100 count as Q2. USF could foreseeably get to 2 or 3 Q1 wins with a loss in the AAC finals. 

• Upvote 2