• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why I expect us to be ranked this week in the Top 25...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,495
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, USFBulls12 said:

31*/ 29, even better!

wow, long day...I counted Michigan and State as 2 teams....lol

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Shows how biased these polls are again....Not being a total homer, but the AAC is way undervalued, the MWC is way over valued this year.  All because of the names on the front of the Jersey's.  The AAC has alot of really good basketball teams that could win a game or 2 in the NCAAT FAU, UAB, Charlotte and us are really good teams SMU is a slight notch below in my mind and Memphis has the talent to be the best of all of us.  Rice is actually a really tough team just hasn't put it all together, ECU is decent and Tulane should be better then their record.  They are talking 6 teams in the MWC  and AQ for AAC makes no sense from anyone who watches alot of College BBall.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,270
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, bcgruber said:

Shows how biased these polls are again....Not being a total homer, but the AAC is way undervalued, the MWC is way over valued this year.  All because of the names on the front of the Jersey's.  The AAC has alot of really good basketball teams that could win a game or 2 in the NCAAT FAU, UAB, Charlotte and us are really good teams SMU is a slight notch below in my mind and Memphis has the talent to be the best of all of us.  Rice is actually a really tough team just hasn't put it all together, ECU is decent and Tulane should be better then their record.  They are talking 6 teams in the MWC  and AQ for AAC makes no sense from anyone who watches alot of College BBall.

I like to feel disrespected as much as anyone but in this instance it’s probably likely from us leading the conference while having been curb stomped by bad out of conference teams early in the season.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

12 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

The AAC is not good. Likely to be a 1 bid league, at best 2 bids.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

4 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

The AAC is not good. Likely to be a 1 bid league, at best 2 bids.

IMG_2105.jpeg

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

15 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

The quality non-conference wins just aren't there for the AAC this season, aside from Memphis and FAU. I haven't seen a computer metric that doesn't show the MWC as being significantly better as a conference than the AAC. The MWC had the 5th best non-conference winning percentage while the AAC was 10th. The MWC has the 4th highest RPI, while the American is 10th. We are behind the A10 and the MVC this season in terms of top-to-bottom quality. That is saying something. Make no mistake, I believe that the AAC is better than its rankings, but the MWC is the better conference, especially at the top. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

USF is up to #39 in the ELO Chess rankings. That is quite the accomplishment! 

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,714
  • Days Won:  109

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

USF is up to #39 in the ELO Chess rankings. That is quite the accomplishment! 

Didn't know these guys played chess

image.png.b4744642e7c368fc8f5d5e3c19fc1ffb.png

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

5 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

IMG_2105.jpeg

This season has been a blast, we are a great story, may very well win the AAC. That being said the league is not good.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

12 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

The quality non-conference wins just aren't there for the AAC this season, aside from Memphis and FAU. I haven't seen a computer metric that doesn't show the MWC as being significantly better as a conference than the AAC. The MWC had the 5th best non-conference winning percentage while the AAC was 10th. The MWC has the 4th highest RPI, while the American is 10th. We are behind the A10 and the MVC this season in terms of top-to-bottom quality. That is saying something. Make no mistake, I believe that the AAC is better than its rankings, but the MWC is the better conference, especially at the top. 

That is why the cumputer system is too biased.  Memphis is way up on their metrics becasue of some quality wins very early on.  Now they are a mess.  they wouldn't win any of those games today.  FAU beat a very good Arizona team basically on the road.  They have taken everyones best shot in the low rated AAC yet are still right there at the top.  FAU is a very good team that returned 14 of 15 players and a week ago every pundit was expecting another run at a final 4...and we just beat that team, basically embarrased them for the first 30 min of that game.  USF is a very good basketball team as well and would beat most of those MWC on a nuetral site in my opinion.  I would put our top 5 up against their top 5 and think results would be very even