• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at UTSA Roadrunners

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,851
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

That and defense. They're not going to stop shooting them, CAAR has as much as said so ....... so we might as well buckle up.

As bad as they were, I never asked them to stop shooting them.  Our D was the reason we won last night, we clamped down and got a couple crucial turnovers.   Good teams find ways to win.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

5 hours ago, Bull94 said:

you might as well get used to it.

You’re being silly now.  

I remember now, the guy that says big men are dead.   Like Goldin.  Ok.  Haha. 

• Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,095
  • Days Won:  56

17 hours ago, Brad said:

Who’s arguing this?  CAAR clearly went away from the threes.  A good number of those misses came as we lost a ten point lead. He came out in second half to get back to pounding the paint. 

He didn’t just shrug his shoulders and take the L as part of being a three point shooting team (99% of basketball teams). 

He TOTALLY misses our point and keeps saying the same thing over and over - NO ONE is saying we should change our philosophy and stop shooting threes. AGAIN, the point being made is, when you’re having an off shooting night like we had, the last thing we needed down the stretch was 3-point shots from Sam Hines and Brandon Stroud. That’s truly what drove me nuts at that point in the game.

• Brad unfeatured this topic

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

On 2/23/2024 at 9:43 AM, Dave_Glaser said:

He TOTALLY misses our point and keeps saying the same thing over and over - NO ONE is saying we should change our philosophy and stop shooting threes. AGAIN, the point being made is, when you’re having an off shooting night like we had, the last thing we needed down the stretch was 3-point shots from Sam Hines and Brandon Stroud. That’s truly what drove me nuts at that point in the game.

Some people on here keep claiming we need a big man to score inside in order to win.

I disagree. I think we need shooters and specifically 3 point shooters to spread the floor. It gives teams the best chance to win and yes I think you keep shooting them even if they aren't going in. That's what shooters do.

Our coach seems to agree as he plays predominantly 4 guard sets with a stretch 5 in Pryor.

BTW I don't want Stroud or Hines necessarily shooting them either.