• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

1 more win and we guarantee ourselves a winning record in Conference play

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

yeas it would be nice if he was a bit taller, but man I can guarantee you the guards in this league are going to hate him for the next 3 years.  He is tenacious which makes up for lack of height.  He has quick hands, quicker feet, and gives 0 fcks. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,473
  • Days Won:  13

8 hours ago, monktified said:

yeas it would be nice if he was a bit taller, but man I can guarantee you the guards in this league are going to hate him for the next 3 years.  He is tenacious which makes up for lack of height.  He has quick hands, quicker feet, and gives 0 fcks. 

Plus his height makes it easier to get steals.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,118
  • Days Won:  56

On 2/9/2024 at 10:44 AM, BullyPulpit said:

That 2011-2012 season was fun. To go 12-6 in the Big East far eclipses anything else the program has accomplished. The Bulls were picked to finish 14th in the conference and ended up in a tie for 4th, but was seeded 6th in the tournament due to tiebreakers. That squad upset Cincy and Louisville and took care of business against the bottom half of the conference and barely lost in the conference tournament to Notre Dame in OT, who was the beneficiary of the double-bye (top 4 seeds got the double-bye).The Big East was the second best conference in the country that season. The following teams made the tournament:

#1 Syracuse (31-2), #3 Marquette (25-7), #3 Georgetown (23-8), #4 Louisville (26-9), #6 Cincy (24-10), #7 Notre Dame (22-11), #9 UCONN (21-13), #10 WVU (19-13), #12 (USF) 20-13. 

USF handled Cal easily in the First Four and then thumped Temple in the First Round. They absolutely should have beaten Ohio in the Round of 32 and would have had a chance to go up against UNC in the Sweet 16. Up by 6 at the half, but Ohio got hot from 3 point range. Ahhh, what could have been. 

I’m still angry about that game against Notre Dame in the Big East Tournament.  🙂 The game was in the bag, Jawanza Poland had a breakaway dunk to seal it and instead tried to lay it in and missed. Opened the door for ND. Inexplicable since Poland was the best leaper on the team. Still can’t understand why he decided on a layup? It was a really USF thing to do, I guess.

I can’t get that play out of my head or the Chucky Atkins missed FT against Marquette that would have sent us to the Garden for the NiT Final Four.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,641
  • Days Won:  6

Check to the OP.

Download Check Mark, Symbol, Tick. Royalty-Free Vector Graphic - Pixabay

• Upvote 1