• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

1 more win and we guarantee ourselves a winning record in Conference play

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  775
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

you were certainly the most bullish concerning the team. kudos to you.

My interpretation when it came to what you were saying was that these three were better than most people thought.

I didn't take it to mean you literally thought they would be in the nba.

Thank you!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,473
  • Days Won:  13

I think I left Pryor and Youngblood out because they were afterthoughts. Only guy that has a shot at the NBA is Pryor. Youngblood is likely a overseas guy. Below was the exact quote.

"Guys, I want to say something. We have not had many players who have played in an NBA game. I think Malik Fitts was the last player to do so, and I was a big fan of his and tuned in to watch his games at St. Mary's after he left. If I had to pick any players from the current roster to make the NBA, I would pick three of them. They may not get drafted right of school, but if they work at it, like Chuck Atkins did, they could get a shot. Atkins had a pretty decent career in the NBA, despite not being that great of a player. He was good but I don't think anyone ever said, "there goes a future NBA player." He was not great in the sense that people thought of with Charlie Bradley or Radenko Dobras. He was just a very good and solid point guard that many people thought was too short to have a future in the NBA.

If anyone on this roster plays in the NBA, I think that Placer has the best chance. I think he has skills that a lot of players don't have. The other 2 players that I would say have a shot are Youngblood and Pryor. Since I have been following the Bulls in the early 80s, there have been rosters where I have said that we had a player that could potentially go to the NBA. I thought that of Bradley, Dobras, Egbunu, Fitts, and a few others. But we have never had a roster where I thought more than one player could potentially have a future in the NBA. I currently think we have three. So, that is another reason for my optimism for this season."

That all being said, you were right on with the potential success of this team. Still have a long way to go to hit all 4 bullish predictions, but 100% possible. I've been wrong before and will be wrong again. Think I started a post after Mike Whits first start saying he would leave USF as the best QB in our history. Was way off on that. 

1 minute ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Selton Miguel, no? 

prob an overseas guy

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I think I left Pryor and Youngblood out because they were afterthoughts. Only guy that has a shot at the NBA is Pryor. Youngblood is likely a overseas guy. Below was the exact quote.

"Guys, I want to say something. We have not had many players who have played in an NBA game. I think Malik Fitts was the last player to do so, and I was a big fan of his and tuned in to watch his games at St. Mary's after he left. If I had to pick any players from the current roster to make the NBA, I would pick three of them. They may not get drafted right of school, but if they work at it, like Chuck Atkins did, they could get a shot. Atkins had a pretty decent career in the NBA, despite not being that great of a player. He was good but I don't think anyone ever said, "there goes a future NBA player." He was not great in the sense that people thought of with Charlie Bradley or Radenko Dobras. He was just a very good and solid point guard that many people thought was too short to have a future in the NBA.

If anyone on this roster plays in the NBA, I think that Placer has the best chance. I think he has skills that a lot of players don't have. The other 2 players that I would say have a shot are Youngblood and Pryor. Since I have been following the Bulls in the early 80s, there have been rosters where I have said that we had a player that could potentially go to the NBA. I thought that of Bradley, Dobras, Egbunu, Fitts, and a few others. But we have never had a roster where I thought more than one player could potentially have a future in the NBA. I currently think we have three. So, that is another reason for my optimism for this season."

don't see anything wrong with those comments. he is talking possibilities. not probabilities.

sure he may have been off about Placer but everything else he said about this team has been **** near spot on.

he was certainly closer with his preseason analysis than anyone else on this board.

darn near a 180 with how you thought.

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

don't see anything wrong with those comments. he is talking possibilities. not probabilities.

sure he may have been off about Placer but everything else he said about this team has been **** near spot on.

he was certainly closer with his preseason analysis than anyone else on this board.

darn near a 180 with how you thought.

100% agree

Other than Placer he was the only one that really saw this coming. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

7 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

That all being said, you were right on with the potential success of this team. Still have a long way to go to hit all 4 bullish predictions, but 100% possible. I've been wrong before and will be wrong again. Think I started a post after Mike Whits first start saying he would leave USF as the best QB in our history. Was way off on that. 

prob an overseas guy

To be fair, if we had run a system that fit his skills he could have been. We just didn't have the talent for it yet in 2014 and the system switch in 2015 didn't align itself with his talents. Dude was no slouch at Western Kentucky.

4 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

To be fair, if we had run a system that fit his skills he could have been. We just didn't have the talent for it yet in 2014 and the system switch in 2015 didn't align itself with his talents. Dude was no slouch at Western Kentucky.

true, but him moving on was good for both him and USF.

Was at the Fins Broncos game this year where he throw a long TD

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  775
  • Days Won:  2

49 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

This sums up exactly what I said. No where in this post did I say Placer was going to the NBA. 

I applaud you for posting this. Maybe you should have written instead that you misunderstood my post. Hopefully, this puts an end to the "he says Placer to the NBA" nonsense.

20 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

This sums up exactly what I said. No where in this post did I say Placer was going to the NBA. 

I applaud you for posting this. Maybe you should have written instead that you misunderstood my post. Hopefully, this puts an end to the "he says Placer to the NBA" nonsense.

okay just that Placer has the best chance of anyone of the roster. 

Also had this gem.

If I were an NBA scout or GM, I would be quietly drooling to draft him. Ball-handling A+. Shooting the 3 A+. Creating separation A+. Vision and passing A+.

Edited by flsportsfan83