• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

Feel kind of bad for BB because he initially said he wanted to stay here but then was fed some fools gold leading to a bad decision.

Depends on just how much NIL he made.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,893
  • Days Won:  67

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

CAG really had no room for Battie. I dont think it was personal. 

Disagree, if that was the case he needs to make room.  Either way, he is back with Auburn so who cares. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Depends on just how much NIL he made.  

Safe to say it was more than what he would have had here.

Future earnings could be sacrificed if he doesn't play at Auburn as much as he would have here.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

46 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I have no idea how close they are. Nor do I care.   Horn and weaver  quit on the bulls  last year and Battie left he team after saying he was staying. Battie at least finished the season. I am glad Colorado didn't go bowling .

I mean, Horn entered the portal, but at least he didn't quit on the team with 4 games left. Weaver could be the second coming of Jesus in Cleats (Jerry Rice) and I still wouldn't take him back.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,893
  • Days Won:  67

34 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

I mean, Horn entered the portal, but at least he didn't quit on the team with 4 games left. Weaver could be the second coming of Jesus in Cleats (Jerry Rice) and I still wouldn't take him back.

Exactly how I feel, these guys are year to year and both Horn and Battie played till the end.  X quit with 3-4 games left, would love to play him one last time and catch him coming over the middle. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Exactly how I feel, these guys are year to year and both Horn and Battie played till the end.  X quit with 3-4 games left, would love to play him one last time and catch him coming over the middle. 

I have a slight soft spot for Battie and Horn because of this.  We could of won that UCF game if Xavier played.  He decided to sit....hard for me to forgive that  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,162
  • Days Won:  56

Saw the headline and was hoping for a different result, but won’t second-guess Coach. He has his plan and it seems to be the right one, so far.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,557
  • Days Won:  25

Golesh  has set the standard  that if you leave the bulls  and are not true to your word to the Bulls then are not welcome back.be who you say you are is one of his slogans right? I am 100%   okay with that.  Battie has talent and has the chance to shine in the biggest stage of college football for the second straight here. Thanks for your time here and best of luck on your future endeavors.  We need Bulls for life .

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,037
  • Days Won:  10

43 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Golesh  has set the standard  that if you leave the bulls  and are not true to your word to the Bulls then are not welcome back.be who you say you are is one of his slogans right? I am 100%   okay with that.  Battie has talent and has the chance to shine in the biggest stage of college football for the second straight here. Thanks for your time here and best of luck on your future endeavors.  We need Bulls for life .

I am ok with the decision, but I see it differently. You see it constantly in professional soccer where a player leaves one club only to return to the same club at a later date. Ronaldo is just one example where he played for Manchester United, left for a bigger club only to return  to Manchester United at a later time. You see it even where a big club  buys a player from a smaller club and right away loans the player back to the club so that the player can develop and get playing time before making the step up to the bigger club.

I see these issues more as a business decision and not one of the heart. Dont follow US professional sports that much so I am not sure if its as common in US sports, but I am sure  if Lebron James would decide to finish his career at Cleveland; he would be welcomed back with open arms.

I would have gladly welcomed Battie back. However i am ok with and understand the decision.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,557
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I am ok with the decision, but I see it differently. You see it constantly in professional soccer where a player leaves one club only to return to the same club at a later date. Ronaldo is just one example where he played for Manchester United, left for a bigger club only to return  to Manchester United at a later time. You see it even where a big club  buys a player from a smaller club and right away loans the player back to the club so that the player can develop and get playing time before making the step up to the bigger club.

I see these issues more as a business decision and not one of the heart. Dont follow US professional sports that much so I am not sure if its as common in US sports, but I am sure  if Lebron James would decide to finish his career at Cleveland; he would be welcomed back with open arms.

I would have gladly welcomed Battie back. However i am ok with and understand the decision.

This isn't professional soccer. This is college football.  This is a former player that publically said he was staying here and left without giving Golesh a chance. Tell him to walk on as a PWO if he is serious about being a bull again and pay for his all of college expenses.

• Upvote 1