• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls picked 5th

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,095
  • Days Won:  56

It’s all about pitching this year. With Brutcher, Boser, Snow, etc. there should be enough bats.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

It will be interesting which Arms will be in the wkd rotation.  Last year was a mess all around with the pitching.  Hitting was good for the most part and Defense was solid.  The pitchers need to step up for us to finish 5th in this league.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

And Whitson hit the road because of that mess.  Cebert getting a lot of preseason run.  I believe Mohl has taken a more active role with the pitchers although I don't have any confirmation on that.

*Note:  Mohl has taken USF to 2 regionals, won a regional and won a conference championship so I'd rather him call up his inner self ...... 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, olafberserker said:

I believe Mohl has taken a more active role with the pitchers although I don't have any confirmation on that.

I heard it from him so pretty reliable source I'd say.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,298
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, olafberserker said:

And Whitson hit the road because of that mess.  Cebert getting a lot of preseason run.  I believe Mohl has taken a more active role with the pitchers although I don't have any confirmation on that.

*Note:  Mohl has taken USF to 2 regionals, won a regional and won a conference championship so I'd rather him call up his inner self ...... 

When your first year is your best year, six years into coaching at the same school it is not a good look. We got really lucky and had an incredible run winning the title and going to the super regional with a barely 0.500 team. That was a good year, but the team went backwards after that. I would love for him to have a big year and get USF back to a winning program under his watch. If he can't get that done this year then we need to move on. Two winning seasons in six years is not a good look for a coach in any sport. I don't know what inner self he is going to channel, but I hope it is one the 1/3 chance he has to be have a winning season or 1/6 chance he has to win the conference and go to the super regional . WE need all sports to move forward if he want to move to a better conference.

image.png.4c14499c728ac02ba74d8f6051aab4a8.png

Edited by Outlaw

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I heard it from him so pretty reliable source I'd say.

Thanks.  I was pretty sure it was the case, but wasn't 100%

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

When your first year is your best year, six years into coaching at the same school it is not a good look. 

He won the conference and regional in year 3 ...  that's not only his best year, but the best year in school history.  He's only had 5 seasons.  Covid year was cancelled a few weeks in.

Of course if we have another poor season, he's gone.  That's beyond obvious.  As a matter of fact, I think the next coach if that happens might already be on staff so wouldn't even completely surprise me if he was canned midseason if we get off to a bad start.   But that's pure speculation on my part

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,298
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, olafberserker said:

He won the conference and regional in year 3 ...  that's not only his best year, but the best year in school history.  He's only had 5 seasons.  Covid year was cancelled a few weeks in.

Of course if we have another poor season, he's gone.  That's beyond obvious.  As a matter of fact, I think the next coach if that happens might already be on staff so wouldn't even completely surprise me if he was canned midseason if we get off to a bad start.   But that's pure speculation on my part

Hopefully he turns it around then we don't have to worry about it.