• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here comes free agency: states sue over transfer rules

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Ahhhh good ol capitalism at it's finest. Find a product that will sell, market it, start raising the profit on the product until you find what the market will bear. Obviously, in sports, we haven't found what that number is. We have a $5.5 BILLION dollar stadium, a $700 MILLION dollar baseball player, college kids making SEVEN FIGUREs for playing, etc. We have not found the top of the market yet. I'm mostly with @Outlaw on this one. Although I do donate a minimal amount to the collective and athletics, I have reached my limit on what I will donate. I know that I will soon be priced out of the market, but that's ok because someone else will pay my way to enjoy it in a different capacity the future.

Capitalism at its finest however beats the alternative.  Eventually they will push to hard and many will go off the cliff.  I am not too concerned, if they do I will find something else, that is what discretionary income is for.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

Capitalism at its finest however beats the alternative.  Eventually they will push to hard and many will go off the cliff.  I am not too concerned, if they do I will find something else, that is what discretionary income is for.  

We have a lot of money "invested" in USF. Just bothers me that I can see a point in the future where we are pushed aside. Sure we could stop giving at any point I suppose but have enjoyed the benefits and relationships we've built over the years. The relationships wouldn't go away.  I'm sounding like an old man bitchin about the price of bread and when you could get a loaf of Wonder Bread for 19 cents. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

We have a lot of money "invested" in USF. Just bothers me that I can see a point in the future where we are pushed aside. Sure we could stop giving at any point I suppose but have enjoyed the benefits and relationships we've built over the years. The relationships wouldn't go away.  I'm sounding like an old man bitchin about the price of bread and when you could get a loaf of Wonder Bread for 19 cents. 

I get that 100% and you are way way more invested than I have ever been.  But times change, nothing good or bad ever lasts.  I hate it like you, but if it makes you feel better, the country is collapsing at such a rapid pace that it may beat CFB into complete oblivion.  So you may never have to make that hard decision of separating ties, I hope this helps.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

I get that 100% and you are way way more invested than I have ever been.  But times change, nothing good or bad ever lasts.  I hate it like you, but if it makes you feel better, the country is collapsing at such a rapid pace that it may beat CFB into complete oblivion.  So you may never have to make that hard decision of separating ties, I hope this helps.

You are just a ray of sunshine. 😀

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

22 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

You are just a ray of sunshine. 😀

Well he's not wrong.  🤔

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,315